G Loomis SBR 812c

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

G Loomis SBR 812c

Post by montey » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:43 am

Hello

Anyone ever use a G Loomis 812c SBR either the IMX-Pro or E6x?

How do you like it?

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: G Loomis SBR 812c

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:04 am

The 812 and 813 Spinnerbait series rods have been on my deck for over 15 years! These are 2 of my favorite loomis rods and have not found a rod that beats the SBR at precision accuracy from close to medium casting distances. This rod is your sharp shooter to the tightest cover for bass. They have the perfect power and action to work spinnerbaits through cover, feel if blades arnt spinning correctly, and set into big fish and keep them on the hook!

I've always had the red "spinnerbait" series but they have since been discontinued and renovated into the IMX-PRO series. I was sad when it was gone but I purchased the IMX-PRO SBR and find it to be a better spinnerbait rod than its predecessor.

The IMX-PRO sbr is lighter in weight, way more sensitive, and still has the perfect 60/40 rod action of the original sbr. It is one of the few rods that have bestest its predecessor.

The 812 is a good rod for lighter spinnerbaits in lighter cover. But If your going to get an IMX-PRO sbr then go with the 813. I rarely fish with 812s anymore cause the 813s are ultimately better for power of fishing and casting heavy spinnerbaits. It can work through heavy cover the 812 cannot and it can muscle big fish out of cover quick!

If your looking for the best spinnerbait rod on the planet, IMX-PRO 813C is the one for you