What is your "all around" spinning stick?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Markanthony404
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What is your "all around" spinning stick?

Post by Markanthony404 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:57 pm

My two favorites:

3- G-loomis GLX Bronzeback 822s. For drop shots, ned rig, grubs.

2-(2013) Shimano Cumara 7'2 med with custom handles. For shakey heads, tubes and Keitech fat impacts.

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Well ..... if I can name two more:

2005 Megabass F3-610DGS Aaron Martens Limited paired with an older Twinpower 1000

And:

A Steez/Steez combo (forgot what year but not the current models)

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:23 am

St Croix Legend Tournament Walleye ML

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:39 am

Me laughing at all this talk of favorite spinning sticks :lol:

Tvaj
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Tvaj » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 am

NRX 852 does it all for me

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:18 pm

I have a Cumara Worm Jig Spinning Rod, bought it on clearance years ago, haven't used it. I guess this is my goto whenever I decide to use something outside of salt water spinning gear. I may use it this weekend because of this thread.

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:40 pm

My all around stick with the most versatility in bottom contact, soft-plastic, and hardbaits definetly goes to my 13 Fuse 7'2" Medium Light rod. If it were a designated technique specific rod then it would be the 902s nrx!

The Fuse has a sweet parabolic action with a tip that fishes light weight baits with ease and it surprisingly has enough power to fish heavier baits.

I use this rod for throwing swimbaits 1/16 to 3/8 super accurately. Other main uses are grubs, tubes and finesse jigs. For plastics, this rod shines for neko rigs, flickshake/senko wacky rigs, and dropshots up to 3/8 (but can handle more if needed).

Its versatility for hard baits is even better. I've found this rod to be my favorite rod for fishing blade baits 1/4, & 3/8. Perfect handling of blade bait in shallow to water depths of 40+ feet! When smallmouth fishing on Lake Michigan with extreme wind and waves, it can be tough to properly fish small to medium shallow and deep jerkbaits. The 13 Fuse is my go to rod to cast the smallest deep diver and work them perfectly! I use it for spybaits and it gets the job done great but i would prefer a lighter powered whippy rod.

It has fantastic sensitivity, only to be bested by NRX and other flagship rod manufacturers but sensitivity isn't always everything. The action and power to work almost everything needed for smallmouth bass is everything i need to fish techniques to perfection.

Not many people took a risk in trying the Fuse out but I wad hesitant to after fishing all other high end brands and found the Fuse to be my go to rod+