Megabass Levante Enforcer vs. Orochi Enforcer vs. Destroyer Brigand?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Megabass Levante Enforcer vs. Orochi Enforcer vs. Destroyer Brigand?

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:28 am

Looking into these rods to serve as a heavy drop shop option for fishing in upstate NY. Usually throwing 1/2 - 5/8oz drop shot weights in current. How different is the Brigand vs. the Orochi XX? How much more am I gaining with the Orochi over the Levante? Would be matched with a 4000-CXH size Certate or Luvias...maybe even an Exist 3012H? Thanks and best wishes on the water!

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Levante Enforcer vs. Orochi Enforcer vs. Destroyer Brigand?

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:47 am

If you want a rod that is sensitive for DS go with Brigand for sure. Orochi is a nice stick too. I have not handled or fished the enforcer but I think you will really enjoy the destroyer. Comfortable handle and very balanced/light. Levante from last I heard it not available due to manufacturing issues.
Philippians 4:6

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Levante Enforcer vs. Orochi Enforcer vs. Destroyer Brigand?

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:22 am

Just get the US Destroyer Brigand. You're already pairing this rod with a premium reel and you'll wonder if you chose one of the others. The XX Enforcer is a very nice rod indeed, but the Brigand is noticeably more sensitive when dragging tubes or larger DS rigs across the bottom.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap