Kistlers warranty and the curse of 2020

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Kistlers warranty and the curse of 2020

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:19 am

I here ya on the Zbone warranty. Just too high end of a rod not to have some time of replacement fee that's realistic. When I started looking at Kistler I did a lot of reading and it seems so inconsistent on how they handle warranty/replacements. I take care of my gear but you also don't want to feel like bubble wrapping all your high end rods when in use lol.
Philippians 4:6

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:24 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:18 am
doomtrprz71 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:36 pm
Ouch, looks like the 2020 curse is worse for y'all, I want a zbone but I cannot even remotely justify it, I think I'm going to get 2 of the x-ray blanks next time they're on sale and have a local guy build the rods for a lot less. Weird your coupon was for 50%off, mine was a dollar amount that I could have put towards the zbone I guess. I wish edge would put different guides on their silver widow, I don't mind them on a $150 rod but not a $400 one. Last time I lost a rod to the abyss was in the gulf of Mexico and I would gladly trade that St Croix away any day if I could get that zillion coastal back.
What guides are on the silver widow?
No name titanium guides

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Thunderblack1984 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:19 am
I here ya on the Zbone warranty. Just too high end of a rod not to have some time of replacement fee that's realistic. When I started looking at Kistler I did a lot of reading and it seems so inconsistent on how they handle warranty/replacements. I take care of my gear but you also don't want to feel like bubble wrapping all your high end rods when in use lol.
I'll probably take them up on the offer if I feel I can afford it. In the end it's still the cheapest way to get a rod of that blank caliber. But I'm almost certain that'll be my last Kistler because other high-end rods have a better "no hassle" replacement program.
The ironic thing is that I almost exclusively bank-fish - long hikes, putting rods on the ground, bush-whacking it - and yet it breaks when I make it onto a boat, which supposedly is the safer environment...