Favorite Hex Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Favorite Hex Rods

Post by Chode » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:38 pm

I don't c a single review on these. Asking about the 7'2 & 7'5 MH. How's the balance sensitivity and taper? Upper and lower lure ratings? Pics of balance would be awesome blossom

Skunkdagain
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Favorite Hex Rods

Post by Skunkdagain » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:10 pm

I’ve looked at a few of those in the past. To be honest, if your going to drop that much coin I would look elsewhere.
I had a Rush that snapped a few inches off the tip while setting. I wasn’t impressed considering I used it all of 5 times. Didn’t even bother to contact for a replacement. Ended up going all Dobyns.

The price points on Favorite have not much to do with mfg. quality/tighter tolerances. Purely the labor of the aesthetics.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Skunkdagain wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:10 pm
I’ve looked at a few of those in the past. To be honest, if your going to drop that much coin I would look elsewhere.
I had a Rush that snapped a few inches off the tip while setting. I wasn’t impressed considering I used it all of 5 times. Didn’t even bother to contact for a replacement. Ended up going all Dobyns.

The price points on Favorite have not much to do with mfg. quality/tighter tolerances. Purely the labor of the aesthetics.
so you're telling me they're not your....favorite

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:32 pm

From what I have heard from most (except brainwashed kids) is there rods are garbage and the company owner is shady.

Basically if all fishing rod companies went under except Favorite, I would make my own.

With that said I also can't really stand the Googan Squad either....

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:32 pm
From what I have heard from most (except brainwashed kids) is there rods are garbage and the company owner is shady.

Basically if all fishing rod companies went under except Favorite, I would make my own.

:lol: :lol: so what should i do about my new googan squad tramp stamp?!?!

Skunkdagain
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Skunkdagain » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:11 pm

Chode wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 pm
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:32 pm

:lol: :lol: so what should i do about my new googan squad tramp stamp?!?!
Find a 40 year old trying to be young again