River Jig Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: River Jig Rod

Post by Houndfish » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:58 am

bronzebacks wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:02 pm
Imo from loomis if its not glx up its not worth it. Many nicer rods at the imx price point like alx enox or poison adrena. I had a imx pro 853c and it was just ok to me not worth the price tag. I regret trading my alx zolo deputy for it. Only thing i dislike about the zolo is the exposed nut threads
I would disagree with that. I would take a E6X over most any other rod in that price range just for the MBR taper. My nephew has an E6X 783c and I have fished it side by side with my GLX version. There is clearly a sensitivity and weight difference, but the tapers are more or less the same and imho that is the main appeal of the Loomis rods. I do think the new IMX Pros are overpriced in the sense that they are so close to the GLX line that it's hard not to just save up and spend the little more for a better blank.

Scud_Muffin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: River Jig Rod

Post by Scud_Muffin » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:09 am

Houndfish wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:58 am

I would disagree with that. I would take a E6X over most any other rod in that price range just for the MBR taper. My nephew has an E6X 783c and I have fished it side by side with my GLX version. There is clearly a sensitivity and weight difference, but the tapers are more or less the same and imho that is the main appeal of the Loomis rods. I do think the new IMX Pros are overpriced in the sense that they are so close to the GLX line that it's hard not to just save up and spend the little more for a better blank.
Thanks for the info! I really wish I could find those GLX near me, but with the imx pro so close at hand I may just try it and resell it if I don’t like it or fish pop off from the faster taper of the JWR.