Anyone else having issues with Shimano / G Loomis Warranty Replacement

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Anyone else having issues with Shimano / G Loomis Warranty Replacement

Post by basscattrent » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:11 pm

I have been waiting for a warranty replacement rod the NRX 893C since July 8th. The reel seat gave up the ghost and I have been waiting ever since. Here is the email below they sent me to confirm they would be sending me a new rod dated July 8th. On the same email they sent an attachment with Shimano order acknowledgement for the new rod. I thought maybe it was lost in the mail so I called them. They did not have an estimated time that they would send my replacement rod. I have called at least 3 to four times including recently with the same response of no estimated time. I had to wait on hold forever to actually talk to someone every time. I was always taken care of in the past but they have dropped the ball for sure and I am frustrated. This is my favorite Jig rod ever and is so fun to fish with. That rod was like a special attachment to my arm and now it is missing.

Dear Valued Customer,

This order has been placed as a warranty replacement. Please see the attachment
for details. If you have any questions, you can call the number of our customer
service listed on the attachment.

Thank you for choosing Shimano / G Loomis / Pearl Izumi / ITI.

Note - This message came from an automated mailbox. Please do not reply to this
email.

basscattrent
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Anyone else having issues with Shimano / G Loomis Warranty Replacement

Post by basscattrent » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:41 pm

My question was answered by Dan here is the answer below.

Loomis has had limited production since March and ALL rods are on "backorder status" . Looks like Feb of 21' as of today at the earliest. Dan

Thank you Dan :big grin: