Kistler rods?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Kistler rods?

Post by ftl1951 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:07 pm

I’m confused??? Huge discounts already, and as a result, many spinning models are sold out??

Skeeter TZX 200
Angler
Angler

Post by Skeeter TZX 200 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:17 pm

hard to buy a helium for $400 plus about $32 in tax for me when u can get the expride for well under $300

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:27 am

Hard to look at a Magnesium for $200 when you can get a Megabass Lavante.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse and also kicking someone while their down.

But without NFC is see little to zero reason to give Kistler my hard earned money their products. It was the only reason I would overlook their sub par components and cosmetics.

Who in their right mind is buying a Kistler reel? For $180 your getting into mid tier Shimano ans Daiwa offerings.

For nearly $380 you can have essentially a Mach Crush combo...

Lastly, perhaps it is in the works, but I don't see a KLX logo on their page anymore. Seems odd as I was certain that the KLX was their top selling line.

All I know is I wish I had bought one of the KLX XXH during the sale at $215. That was a steal.

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 am

Anyone have an educated guess how NFC will do without Kistler as a customer? Did they make up for a major portion of NFCs turnover?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 am

dennis_rf wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 am
Anyone have an educated guess how NFC will do without Kistler as a customer? Did they make up for a major portion of NFCs turnover?
NFC has other rod manufacturers that use their blanks... Leviathan comes to immediate mind.

Also, the fishing industry is not actually their primary market. They make other carbon tube products for industrial and military applications.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:13 pm

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:27 am

But without NFC is see little to zero reason to give Kistler my hard earned money their products. It was the only reason I would overlook their sub par components and cosmetics.

Who in their right mind is buying a Kistler reel? For $180 your getting into mid tier Shimano ans Daiwa offerings.

Lastly, perhaps it is in the works, but I don't see a KLX logo on their page anymore. Seems odd as I was certain that the KLX was their top selling line.

All I know is I wish I had bought one of the KLX XXH during the sale at $215. That was a steal.
I feel the same, I'm just wondering if Mr Kistler didn't learn his lesson last time he outsourced blanks, but we shall see. I may give the new rods a chance but he can keep the reels

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:13 pm

doomtrprz71 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:13 pm
RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:27 am

I feel the same, I'm just wondering if Mr Kistler didn't learn his lesson last time he outsourced blanks, but we shall see. I may give the new rods a chance but he can keep the reels
Yep, that last episode was almost the end of Kistler Rods.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:41 am

Interesting...just noticed the new Helium and Zbone are built on the same blank. Only difference is Torzorite guides and "AA" cork. Surprised the Helium has alconite and not SIC.

As for NFC I can only assume blanks and Edge are a small portion of their business. I say that because they don't seem to focus all that much energy in improving customer experience. They seem perfectly content with long waits and inconsistent product. Literally had customer service tell me, "don't order if you expect it before May". That was January and an item in stock on their site. After explaining that was wrong and people were most likely planning for spring fishing...they took the product off the site. Many crooked and inconsistent performing blanks posted on rod building forums lately.

Perhaps why Trey had to move away from NFC as someone mentioned. Prices going up and QC going down is not good for business.

Eagerly waiting for Cal's review.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:34 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:41 am
Interesting...just noticed the new Helium and Zbone are built on the same blank. Only difference is Torzorite guides and "AA" cork. Surprised the Helium has alconite and not SIC.

As for NFC I can only assume blanks and Edge are a small portion of their business. I say that because they don't seem to focus all that much energy in improving customer experience. They seem perfectly content with long waits and inconsistent product. Literally had customer service tell me, "don't order if you expect it before May". That was January and an item in stock on their site. After explaining that was wrong and people were most likely planning for spring fishing...they took the product off the site. Many crooked and inconsistent performing blanks posted on rod building forums lately.

Perhaps why Trey had to move away from NFC as someone mentioned. Prices going up and QC going down is not good for business.

I have actually had pretty good customer service from NFC. Ordered a couple of blanks and received them within two weeks. I ordered a grip and got it in about a week. I actually lost the decals to the blanks and they mailed me out new ones within a couple of days.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:11 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Preview: The new blank is legit.... =D>
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:13 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:34 am
RMCatchNrelease wrote:

I have actually had pretty good customer service from NFC. Ordered a couple of blanks and received them within two weeks. I ordered a grip and got it in about a week. I actually lost the decals to the blanks and they mailed me out new ones within a couple of days.
My customer service from nfc and edge has been pretty good for me as well, both of the rods I have from edge took about a month but were worth the wait.

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:11 pm

MeatHead wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:09 pm
Got an email saying limited amounts of the new Helium and Z-bone are in stock. Looks like another $50 increase for the Heliums, now $400. Z-bone still $550.
https://kistlerrods.com/products/helium ... 0ifQ%3D%3D
That's crazy! that's a $100 increase in the rod in about a one year time.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:58 am

IMG_20210303_19142.jpg
IMG_20210303_19142.jpg (28.53 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
:whistle:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:32 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:58 am
IMG_20210303_19142.jpg

:whistle:
I think this indicates that the launch isnt going very well.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ftl1951 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:46 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:32 am
RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:58 am
IMG_20210303_19142.jpg

:wqhistle:
I think this indicates that the launch isnt going very well.
Going out of business...??? No indication the sold out variants are being restocked...???