Poison Adrena 611 medium plus

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Dman
Angler
Angler

Poison Adrena 611 medium plus

Post by Dman » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi, just looking for advise from anyone who owns this rod! Looking for a rod to throw small to medium sized baits. Interested in throwing weightless senkos, small jigs, and small swimbaits. Will the 6'11" Poison Adrena medium plus throw a 2.8 Keitech type bait with a 1/8 oz jig head or is this application too light for the Adrena. Thank you in advance.

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Poison Adrena 611 medium plus

Post by rando » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:05 am

In my opinion it is too much rod for 1/8 oz with 3 inch swimbait. Sure doable, but not fun (at least imo). I use mine for 1/4 to 3/4 oz range, but I think it performs best with 3/8 oz total weight single hook soft baits and around 1/2-3/4 oz hard baits.

Dman
Angler
Angler

Post by Dman » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:17 am

Ok Thank you Rando! I might look at the one of the following:
7'2" Shimano Expride medium light
GLX MBR 842
Dobyns 733 Champion extreme. ( I believe there powers are usually overated)
Kistler 7'0 medium or 7'3 LMH.
Are there any casting rods that would handle this application in the Megabass Line?
I fish mostly smallmouth in clear reservoirs up here in Massachusetts. One of the reservoirs (Wachusett) is bank fishing only. The banks are plenty wide so I prefer longer rods to make long casts. I'll be pairing it with either a 2020 Metanium JDM version or an Aldebaran MGL. Thanks again!

rando
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rando » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:48 am

I prefer to throw baits this light on a spinning rod, but I am sure someone else will chime in.

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bronzebacks » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:21 am

I have the glx 842 and kistler h3 7' m and they do great with 2.8 keitechs and 1/8 oz jig heads also have the nrx 802c its great for it too. I have the poison adrena and agree it to much for the 2.8. Its more of a mh

Dman
Angler
Angler

Post by Dman » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:24 am

Ok! Thanks for the responses! I'll probably go with another Kistler or maybe the GLX.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Dman wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:33 pm
Hi, just looking for advise from anyone who owns this rod! Looking for a rod to throw small to medium sized baits. Interested in throwing weightless senkos, small jigs, and small swimbaits. Will the 6'11" Poison Adrena medium plus throw a 2.8 Keitech type bait with a 1/8 oz jig head or is this application too light for the Adrena. Thank you in advance.
The rod you are talking about I like to say it’s a wonderful reminder of the IMX843. It does a lot of things well and is very versatile but it’s not 1/8 range versatile. I’ve found my wild side a great rod for throwing 1/8 Oz Megabass jig heads with the little prop on it and strike king rage swimmer.

To be honest with you concerning the Adrena, I’ve asked other people who have one what they are using it for and the answer is overwhelmingly as a Swiss pocket knife. I think it’s a bit too fast for a vision 110 but maybe just right for a pointer 💯. I’m looking to get another Antares A for mine and try some flukes on it. I’m almost convinced that it’s about as good as a fluke rod that you will find at that price point. But spinnerbaits and close quarters casting are two areas where this rod shines as well.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Bandersnatch
Angler
Angler

Post by Bandersnatch » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am

I've been super into fishing a nose hooked fluke. I assume that when people say fishing a fluke they mean a ewg rigged fluke typically. I wonder if the medium plus is too much for a nose hooked fluke.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:38 am

Bandersnatch wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
I've been super into fishing a nose hooked fluke. I assume that when people say fishing a fluke they mean a ewg rigged fluke typically. I wonder if the medium plus is too much for a nose hooked fluke.
Yes Sir, a zoom fluke with an ewg hook is what I was referring to.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:20 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:32 pm
Dman wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:33 pm
The rod you are talking about I like to say it’s a wonderful reminder of the IMX843. It does a lot of things well and is very versatile but it’s not 1/8 range versatile. I’ve found my wild side a great rod for throwing 1/8 Oz Megabass jig heads with the little prop on it and strike king rage swimmer.

To be honest with you concerning the Adrena, I’ve asked other people who have one what they are using it for and the answer is overwhelmingly as a Swiss pocket knife. I think it’s a bit too fast for a vision 110 but maybe just right for a pointer 💯. I’m looking to get another Antares A for mine and try some flukes on it. I’m almost convinced that it’s about as good as a fluke rod that you will find at that price point. But spinnerbaits and close quarters casting are two areas where this rod shines as well.

It’s not often I do this but I will have to say this rod is one rod that you are going to have to find out what you like that it does. I took it out today in this horrible weather and used a showerblow with it and I really like it for that as well. So I’d just say you’re going to have to fish it and see how it handles techniques with your personal preference. It does do a lot of things good

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:21 am

This is an incredible top water rod. When I am not throwing top water, I use it for underspins, flashy swimmers, etc. Extremely versatile.

Edward78
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Edward78 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:57 am

I have had this rod for about a year now and love it, but I would agree with others that 1/8oz jig head and a small swimbait is on the light side for this very versatile rod. I use mine mostly for smaller jigs. Top water, weightless senko, and lighter T rigs. I also use it if I'm bank fishing and don't want to carry a bunch of rods, you can throw just about everything on it.

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:00 pm

6'10"+ Adrena is a sweet stick and versatile too. I find its best used for medium sized to shallow to deep diving jerkbaits, small to 3/8 oz spinnerbaits, bass jigs, & wide range of topwater baits.

It shines as being a target sniper, you wont find a more accurate rod. Good choice for skipping under cover as well.

For the stated techniques you mentioned, i think that the Poison Adrena 7'2" medium may be your best bet. I have every poison made and I use 7'2 medium for weightless soft plastics & and finesse swimbaits on heavier jig heads.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:39 pm

ChubbyGoby28 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:00 pm
6'10"+ Adrena is a sweet stick and versatile too. I find its best used for medium sized to shallow to deep diving jerkbaits, small to 3/8 oz spinnerbaits, bass jigs, & wide range of topwater baits.

It shines as being a target sniper, you wont find a more accurate rod. Good choice for skipping under cover as well.

For the stated techniques you mentioned, i think that the Poison Adrena 7'2" medium may be your best bet. I have every poison made and I use 7'2 medium for weightless soft plastics & and finesse swimbaits on heavier jig heads.
Ironically i just had this rod out today for jerkbaits
Using 10lb floro and a conquest DC
I find that it’s a pointer 100 type stick not a mb110 for me.
It’s that duo 110 or yozuri 110 rod. If you just wanted to use it solely for jerkbaits. Just what I found it to be in that arena

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:18 pm

I can totally see that, I haven't thrown the 100 sized pointers in years but i throw alot of deeper diving jerkbaits that can overpower whimpier Jerkbait rods. The Poison has a little more strength to it to work deep jerkbaits like megabass dd xd and lucky craft staysee. The only pointers I throw are 78dd & xd but i like those on the lighter 13 jerk n pop rod.

I pair adrenas up with Aldebaran for superlight combo and less fatique if Im throwing bigger jerks and topwaters. And that little Aldebaran cast fish em like a champ!

Why do you like a Conquest round style reel over low profile lighter reels?