Poison Adrena 611 medium plus

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Poison Adrena 611 medium plus

Post by goldrod » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:37 pm

ChubbyGoby28 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:18 pm
I can totally see that, I haven't thrown the 100 sized pointers in years but i throw alot of deeper diving jerkbaits that can overpower whimpier Jerkbait rods. The Poison has a little more strength to it to work deep jerkbaits like megabass dd xd and lucky craft staysee. The only pointers I throw are 78dd & xd but i like those on the lighter 13 jerk n pop rod.

I pair adrenas up with Aldebaran for superlight combo and less fatique if Im throwing bigger jerks and topwaters. And that little Aldebaran cast fish em like a champ!

Why do you like a Conquest round style reel over low profile lighter reels?
Good Question.

This reel on this rod and the 7’2” heavy Poison Adrena is very fitting. The reel sits very low on the rod and for me it doesn’t make the rod feel awkward. The ergonomics of the reel make it easy to palm. I discovered this when playing with the 7’2” heavy ( which when using 30lb super slick v2 braid and floro leader has to be the perfect fluke setup I have ever used in my short life time.)

I have a 2012 Antares on my other 7’2” heavy poison adrena and I use it for texas rigs with 12lb test. I’ve had D7 reels on the rod as well was Steez variants. But it seems the CQ100 were just made for the rod and they are astetically pleasing to my eye with the gunmetal reel color. Casting has been great and I’ve found that it just goes with my style of casting and helps me achieve better accuracy. Hope this helps

I wanted to see what the 6’11 poison adrena had to offer. It’s a fantastic topwater rod imho and because of its versatility I wanted to find the things that it did above good. You know like you have those rod that do a lot of things good but not one thing great. IMHO the 6’11 rod is a topwater rod first and foremost but than jerkbaits and than other treble baits before bottom contact.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Poison Adrena 611 medium plus

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:22 pm

I totally get you on those pairing methods. The 7'2" is best suited with a balanced reel for ultimate fishabil performance. I've always paired my 7'2" heavy with a metanium for heavy apps. I put my conquests on the 7'4" MhL casting rod for my moving techniques, primarily finesse swimbait fishing baits up to 5" and up to 3/4oz jig heads in 30 to 40 feet of water! I love that model alot! Switch to hg or xg met for bottom contact jigs and have found it to be an incredible deep water smallmouth carolina rig rod! But now you Mentioned the Antares, that would elimate alot of reel switching, which i hate, but thank you for eluding me to better implement the Antares. Good mix between metanium and conquest. That will combine for perfection on that 7'4".

The only Poison model I didnt pick up in the most recent generation is the 610 glass casting rod. Have you or anyone else fished this rod?