best rod for?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jamesmustain
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

best rod for?

Post by jamesmustain » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:04 am

How I met my vacuum

This is a story about a housewife who has one daughter and a cat (and of course, a husband as well). At this point, you may wonder: :what is a vacuum doing here?”. But it’s the most important character in this story, so sit back and listen to my story, to know how I met my shark navigator lift-away deluxe nv360 upright vacuum.

See This Page: Shark NV360 review

The beginning

It all began when we moved to our new home: a two stories house in the suburb. I was so happy because I always wanted carpeted stairs in my home, just like all the fancy houses in those movies I watched. My husband knew that very well, so he surprised me with carpeted stairs in red, my favorite color. I was so happy that I didn’t pay attention to my husband’s words: “Are you sure you won’t get into trouble cleaning these stairs?”. And at first it was so easy to clean, until we get a cat. His name is Furball. You can tell by the name that he is a very hairy cat. We loved Furball so much and let him be anywhere he wanted. From the sofa in the living room to our mattress in the bedroom. But since the stairs are covered with a very soft carpet, it became Furball favorite spot to nap. And this is when everything started to go horrible.

The trouble

Ever since Furball marked our carpeted stairs as his territory, cleaning it was the worst nightmare that ever happened to me. Furball left many furs on the carpeted stairs, and I had to clean them up (because of course he would never clean up his own mess). At that point, I haven’t purchased shark navigator lift-away nv360, so I had to make good use out of my regular upright vacuum cleaner. Even though it worked pretty fine on the carpet in the living room, it was not easy to maneuver when it came to stairs. And with a heavy vacuum like that, a four-month pregnant like me couldn’t take it up and down the stairs all the time, as my belly was getting bigger and bigger. I had enough cleaning problem at that point, but my husband came home one day and said a co-worker’s son inhales some weird dust while playing on the ground and became very sick. Apparently, their vacuum’s suction power was not strong enough to clean everything. He didn’t want the same thing to happen to our precious child. So, we decided to look for the best vacuum for our situation. And then, Shark Navigator NV360 reviews appeared in our lives like a savior.

The solution

When we learned that shark navigator lift-away dlx vacuum cleaner has a hepa filter, our biggest concern was faded away. My husband had done some research on this certification. He is more than relieved to know shark vacuum’s filter is capable of removing at least 99.97% of particles whose diameter is equal to 0.3 μm, he was so sure that this is the vacuum we should get. And since it had the lift-away mode, pregnant me can easily free the carpeted stairs from pet hair like a fairy. We decided to order one shark navigator lift-away deluxe nv360 upright vacuum right away. And it was the best decision we’ve ever made (besides getting Furball and having our beautiful baby girl, of course!).

The end

The amazing blue shark vacuum worked like a charm, and it became an important part of our family. So I guess I can say that we all lived happily ever after I purchased the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 vacuum. Don’t you want that happy ending for yourself? Order one right now and make your wish come true!
Last edited by jamesmustain on Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:03 am, edited 7 times in total.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: best rod for?

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:28 pm

For skipping, I like a softer tip and a firmer butt section. I would say like a soft fast action or mod-fast.

I also like to be on the upper half of my rods rating for weight.

Try starting with a Strike King Structure Jig (or other flat bottom or pointed head jig) with a flat trailer like a beaver. Also, make sure the bottom of the jig head is flush with the bait. Move some of the skirt material from the bottom to the sides.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:50 pm

By 735c I'm assuming you're referring to a Dobyns rod. In my hands their fastest rated sticks are still a bit on the slower side, as opposed to the faster end of the spectrum. That said, if that one is a bit too stiff for you, and you like Dobyns rods in general, you could go one power down.

What's your budget? There are some modish-fast sticks that may be applicable here.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:55 pm

By the way, welcome aboard! :welc:

BIGBOY
Angler
Angler

Post by BIGBOY » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:09 am

I’ve been very happy with the Megabass P5 super destroyer.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:10 am

I really like the St Croix Legend series 7’1 MH with the XF action. The tip is really good on this rod. Pick your flavor between the X, Elite, and Xtreme.

A less expensive option is the Tatula Elite AGS MMH Brent Ehrler rod. It has a nice tip like the St Croix.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:22 am

HobeyBaker wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:10 am
I really like the St Croix Legend series 7’1 MH with the XF action. The tip is really good on this rod. Pick your flavor between the X, Elite, and Xtreme.

A less expensive option is the Tatula Elite AGS MMH Brent Ehrler rod. It has a nice tip like the St Croix.
I have built a couple St Croix Legend Elite rods. Nice tapers but, weight and sensitivity were not where they should be. The 7'6" MH mod fast is a great skipping rod if you like longer rods for jigs. Fantastic taper. Mirrors what I said above. Enough cushion for close hooksets with braid and also enough backbone for deep jigs with FC.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

hookfynn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hookfynn » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:25 am

daiwa tatula elite ags ehler rod or the tatula elite 7'1" andy montgomery skipping rod. both are cost effective and are solid options

MRQturbo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MRQturbo » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:02 pm

jamesmustain wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:04 am
Hi,

What is your favorite rod for skipping a jig. Gonna start to learn how to do this and getting a lil frustrated with my 735c . think its too stiff for my ability right now. looking at skipping 1/2 structure jigs.

Thanks!
try using a shorter rod to skip....p5 super destroyer gets my vote also..

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:42 am

I don’t understand all the 7'+ love I see on here. I am 6'4" and I much prefer shorter rods.

How do you keep your tip out of the water? Where is your elbow and shoulder positioned when making these cast?

I've watched shorter guys frog and skip with long rods and it looks uncomfortable and akward. I can let my arms rest naturally and roll cast with wrist.

I don’t see how you can be accurate and get the proper angles/trajectory with a 7'3" or 7'5". The shorter rod will usually balance better and feel lighter. Again, allowing more accuracy and the single handed roll casting.

The Daiwa Tatula Elite skip n jig 6'9"H is one of my favorite rods. I can release the bait low and slide it under anything.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:40 am

Fitzgerald Bryan Thrift 6'9 heavy skipping special , with a curado dc , it don't get any better imo.

eyra_kid
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eyra_kid » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:53 am

I haven't found a better skipping rod than a 6-10 Falcon Cara Headturner. GLX MBR 843 skips pretty well too.
On a side note, the Z-Man CrosseyeZ Flip jig is fantastic for skipping. Has an extra wide Arky style head, wire-tied skirt and great baitkeeper.

Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heddonfrog » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:36 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:42 am
I don’t understand all the 7'+ love I see on here. I am 6'4" and I much prefer shorter rods.

How do you keep your tip out of the water? Where is your elbow and shoulder positioned when making these cast?

I've watched shorter guys frog and skip with long rods and it looks uncomfortable and akward. I can let my arms rest naturally and roll cast with wrist.

I don’t see how you can be accurate and get the proper angles/trajectory with a 7'3" or 7'5". The shorter rod will usually balance better and feel lighter. Again, allowing more accuracy and the single handed roll casting.

The Daiwa Tatula Elite skip n jig 6'9"H is one of my favorite rods. I can release the bait low and slide it under anything.
I agree in regards to length. I use a Kistler Helium 3 6-9MH. I’m also dumbfounded when I hear guys using 7’+ rods for jerkbaits. “oh I love a 7’ to 7-3” rod for jerksbaits” as they’re slapping the water, hitting the side of the boat, not getting their baits to proper depth due to rod angle. Cracks me up

djd
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by djd » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:39 pm

I’ve used my MB FMJ to skip T-rigged plastics with good success. I would think it would just as well with a jig.