Dobyns Xtasy DRX 753SF

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Dobyns Xtasy DRX 753SF

Post by ftl1951 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:51 pm

So, I received my new Dobyns Xtasy DRX 753SF today after lightning speed delivery from Texas. WOW!!! Now before everyone starts (negatively) chiming in, let me just say - Holy Moly!!! I ordered this rod after discussing what I was looking for with Gary, and without even trying it, I am just thrilled at the subtle beauty built into this rod. I am going to use it primarily to throw unweighted Senkos, the occasional weighted Senkos and tubes and maybe a few other baits as I try them out. The fit and finish is superb, and it has a full cork grip - hallelujah! I am familiar with fishing Toray blanks in my ultralight rods as well as the Torzite guides. I will suspect this rod will translate the sensitivity I am used to with these components. The rod weighs in at 4.35 ozs and feels just terrific in the hand. Did I say it has a full cork grip???

I have to hand it to Gary Dobyns and the entire crew. Hands down some of the best service in the business. Thank you!!!
Attachments
D6FE725C-E75C-408C-ADDE-246B2A0A4856.jpeg
D6FE725C-E75C-408C-ADDE-246B2A0A4856.jpeg (135.65 KiB) Viewed 960 times