orochi xxx cover hacking

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
minch1o
Angler
Angler

orochi xxx cover hacking

Post by minch1o » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:16 pm

Hi,
i'm looking for a shorter rod for pitching & skipping jigs and t-rigs (1/2 would be the usual weight) in moderate cover from the float tube and i'm considering to buy the jdm orochi xxx cover hacking, the specs are right but i can't find much info on it....

anyone tried that? Any input on the action?

Fishing from the float tube, I need a rod that gives immediate access to the backbone, as the ''boat'' itself tends to be dragged towards the fish... and that steals power from the hookset.

I'd use it with a steez a or ip79 with 16-20lb luoro

Thank you!!

Jeep
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: orochi xxx cover hacking

Post by Jeep » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:27 am

minch1o wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:16 pm
Hi,
i'm looking for a shorter rod for pitching & skipping jigs and t-rigs (1/2 would be the usual weight) in moderate cover from the float tube and i'm considering to buy the jdm orochi xxx cover hacking, the specs are right but i can't find much info on it....

anyone tried that? Any input on the action?

Fishing from the float tube, I need a rod that gives immediate access to the backbone, as the ''boat'' itself tends to be dragged towards the fish... and that steals power from the hookset.

I'd use it with a steez a or ip79 with 16-20lb luoro

Thank you!!
I have it. It's a great rod for 1/2oz jig work and skipping. You will be happy with it.

minch1o
Angler
Angler

Re: orochi xxx cover hacking

Post by minch1o » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:02 pm

thanks man! I was offered an evergreen heracles ''the heracles'' 69H and I think I'll go with that one... about 100$ more but that should be a really nice rod... if I don't like it, i'll go with the cover hacking