Anyone try the 7’4” heavy poison adrena

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Matt_3479
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Anyone try the 7’4” heavy poison adrena

Post by Matt_3479 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:33 pm

[/quote]

That’s what I was afraid of yet expecting
[/quote]

It feels super nice. Wicked light, awesome balance with the met 2020 and still really nice with the bantam. Rod is soft tipped, and a little slow to get into the back bone but once there feels like it could really horse them out. I think honestly this rod would be good for larger chatterbaits, spinner baits, buzz baits, football jigs, top water (whopper plopper, spook) but I’m not sure. I normally fish a t-rig on fast action but I see some people like it on a mod-fast. I think the a-rig could work (haven’t fished one) but it would fish like a bulkier spinner in my mind, smaller swim baits, larger paddletails. I was hoping to hear a bit more too. I honestly want the rod, after feeling it it just felt too good. But it’s not exactly what I’m looking for

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Matt_3479 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:19 pm

I finally got my hands on it today. I was shocked how light it was. It’s definitely slower then I was hoping. I’d really like a rod for c-rigs, t-rigs and large top water. I think it would make a wicked top water rod, and moving bait rod, but the tip feels too slow for t-rigs. What’s your thoughts on it
I’d say you’re very close to my thoughts on the rod with only minor differences.

Yes, it is incredibly light and feels amazing with a Met on it.

The tip does have a bit of play but I wouldn’t really call it ‘soft’ in my opinion. Also, once it gets going, the rod has a ton of backbone. So much so that I punch pretty heavy mats with it and love it.

In your list, the only application I don’t see this rod suitable is c-rig with stretchy mono or flouro. But braid to a flouro leader would work for c-rigs. Not ideal though.

I have t-rigged with this rod and like it because that tip allows for very long and accurate casts. Those broom sticks, while good hook setters, never do well for me when I’m trying to t-rig where good distance and accuracy are important. But there are probably better options if you’re strictly looking for a t-rig rod.

But yes, larger moving baits, a-rigs, big cranks, top waters, and flipping jigs are awesome on this rod.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:30 pm

CFDoc wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:12 pm
But yes, larger moving baits, a-rigs, big cranks, top waters, and flipping jigs are awesome on this rod.
Would you say the lure rating is accurate? What's the low and high end this rod can throw in your opinion?

TIA.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:07 am

CFDoc wrote:
Matt_3479 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:19 pm

I finally got my hands on it today. I was shocked how light it was. It’s definitely slower then I was hoping. I’d really like a rod for c-rigs, t-rigs and large top water. I think it would make a wicked top water rod, and moving bait rod, but the tip feels too slow for t-rigs. What’s your thoughts on it
I’d say you’re very close to my thoughts on the rod with only minor differences.

Yes, it is incredibly light and feels amazing with a Met on it.

The tip does have a bit of play but I wouldn’t really call it ‘soft’ in my opinion. Also, once it gets going, the rod has a ton of backbone. So much so that I punch pretty heavy mats with it and love it.

In your list, the only application I don’t see this rod suitable is c-rig with stretchy mono or flouro. But braid to a flouro leader would work for c-rigs. Not ideal though.

I have t-rigged with this rod and like it because that tip allows for very long and accurate casts. Those broom sticks, while good hook setters, never do well for me when I’m trying to t-rig where good distance and accuracy are important. But there are probably better options if you’re strictly looking for a t-rig rod.

What’s your punch weight and line?
Some people prefer a somewhat Parabolic rod for this technique. I think that Shimano tried to walk the middle ground from what I’m reading.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:17 am

reason162 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:30 pm
CFDoc wrote:
Would you say the lure rating is accurate? What's the low and high end this rod can throw in your opinion?

TIA.
The rating is 3/8 oz - 2oz IIRC. IMO, if the total weight of your lure + hook + trailer + weight + etc. is only 3/8 oz, that's too light for this rod. My comfortable zone on the lower end of the spectrum would be closer to 1/2 oz. Now the higher weights I'd say the rod rating is more accurate. I've punched with a 1.25 oz slither rig + ~0.5 oz worth of craw tube and superline hook. I've also thrown large swimbaits in the ~1.5oz range as well. I don't know if I've ever gone to a full 2 oz. or not but I don't think the rod would be uncomfortable there either.
What’s your punch weight and line?
Some people prefer a somewhat Parabolic rod for this technique. I think that Shimano tried to walk the middle ground from what I’m reading.

My go-to punch setup start with a 1 oz tungsten weight with a ~0.5 oz combination of a craw tube with a superline rated hook. My line is almost always 50 lb. suffix 832 braid. Occasionally I will punch 65 lb. braid with a 1.25 oz tungsten weight. But that's usually only at the end of the summer when the mats get super thick.

Yes, I would agree that Shimano did try to get a sort of hybrid action out of this rod between a broom stick and a slower response. However, from what I've heard, the new P5 Tequila Baccarac is even better at managing this type of versatility between a soft enough tip for certain applications and also a major backbone for heavy stuff. Heck, it's lure rating is from 1/2 oz - 4 oz!!! I don't think I've ever heard of a lure rating that wide.

If the Tequila Baccarac is even more sensitive than the Adrena, and somewhere even close to my X-bites, that's going to be a special rod as well.

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 am

Does anyone have the weight on this rod?

ftl1951
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ftl1951 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:29 am

Rodster14 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 am
On the Rod Weights thread someone says 4.9oz.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:50 pm

Rodster14 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 am
Mine weighs in 4.49 oz.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

Rodster14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rodster14 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:58 pm

I like the 4.5 ounces. How much more parabolic is the action on this compared to the 7’2 H? Specifically, if I wanted to fish a 6 inch Senko on a jig for big bass, would it be fast enough for that?

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:36 pm

One of my favorite models of the Jackall line up!

It has a fantastic unique action to it. It has great back bone a limber tip! Even though its rated for heavy, I dont think its a good choice for froggin'.

I use it for pitching jigs, swimming finesse swimbaits, carolina rigging, & swimjigs.

Its supet versatile and I highly recommend giving it a try

Gearhead
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Gearhead » Sun May 23, 2021 5:17 am

Anyone throw a 10XD on this rod?