Shimano Cumara Reaction Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano Cumara Reaction Rods

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:17 am

Thunderblack1984 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:22 am
Anyone still fishing the spinning rods?
Those reel seats/handles were sweet with the carbon tube. Shimano used to do some cool things with their spinning grips, like the notched foregrip on the old Crucials and Compres that allowed the index finger to touch the blank.

oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by oops » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:46 am

Revofisher wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:04 am
agree on the 7'6 med light i wanted to like it but it was very soft i lost quite a few big smallmouth on that rod because it couldn't get a good hook in them even with crankbaits
I love how unique it is but I lost the largest fish I've ever hooked from shore on it because the rod is so noodley I couldnt control the fish. 10 inch bay bass regularly buried themselves in grass and got off and it didnt feel like there was much I could do about it. Really neat novelty and I'd never get rid of the rod due to its uniqueness, but I never found an application where it really shined and i believe shelved it that day or shortly after. I've never used a rod that felt simultaneously great and terrible to fight fish on if that makes sense

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:46 am

I thought it made a great Shad Rap and RC 0.5 rod. Light cranks with small hooks. That’s about it though

ChubbyGoby28
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ChubbyGoby28 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:20 pm

I'm on the lookout for any old black cumara spinning or casting rods! If anybody is looking to part ways with one, send me a message with model info and i'll get right on it!

Thank you!