Daiwa Rebellion Heavy Regular, Spinning?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
RiverSmalliesOn
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa Rebellion Heavy Regular, Spinning?

Post by RiverSmalliesOn » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:11 am

Picked up this stick at a decent price to pair with my Bg3000.

It's light, feels amazing in hand even with as slightly heavier reel. Hoping to get out after this work rotation to get an on the water test.

Has anybody here tried this rod? According to Daiwa Japan, it's ideal for most techniques outside of ultra light, including frigging.

I am going to use it from the kayak for resction baits, and maybe some worm work.

What are your thoughts?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa Rebellion Heavy Regular, Spinning?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:17 am

First off, welcome to the forum. As for the Rebellion rods, they have been polarizing due to that foregrip/lockdown nut. Seems to be a love it or hate it thing. As for that specific model, I have zero experience. The only one I've fished has been the 7-2 2 piece heavy. It's a nice stick with good sensitivity, but a little tip heavy. I will say that the overall fit and finish on the rods is very nice.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:50 pm

Interesting...I found the 701HRS unpleasantly heavy in my hand, the 7'1M and 7ML feels a lot better

RiverSmalliesOn
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by RiverSmalliesOn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:44 am

It's lighter than anything I have used, really it is my first rod in this price range.

I river fish from my kayak and wading I will face big smallies, pike, and possibly muskie. My goal with the setups is to have 2 accurate spinning rigs that allow for a variety of presentations.

The Rebellion series has me covered for power and action, and I have read they are also very tough. If this rod lives up to my expectations I will be upgrading my finesse presentation next year.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:09 pm

RiverSmalliesOn wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:44 am
It's lighter than anything I have used, really it is my first rod in this price range.

I river fish from my kayak and wading I will face big smallies, pike, and possibly muskie. My goal with the setups is to have 2 accurate spinning rigs that allow for a variety of presentations.

The Rebellion series has me covered for power and action, and I have read they are also very tough. If this rod lives up to my expectations I will be upgrading my finesse presentation next year.
Right on. Where are your home waters?

RiverSmalliesOn
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by RiverSmalliesOn » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:13 pm

Southwestern, Ontario. So Grand River, Maitland, Saugeen. Really amazing water, couldn't ask for more, not huge to rivers but for the most part well maintained and protected.

However many stretches are ignored and those places are where I plan on heading. I'll be picking up a CK1 Venture next month and rigging it for the style of fishing these areas may require.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:05 pm

RiverSmalliesOn wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:13 pm
Southwestern, Ontario. So Grand River, Maitland, Saugeen. Really amazing water, couldn't ask for more, not huge to rivers but for the most part well maintained and protected.

However many stretches are ignored and those places are where I plan on heading. I'll be picking up a CK1 Venture next month and rigging it for the style of fishing these areas may require.
Sounds like a slice of heaven.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:15 pm

Spinning rods in Heavy power rating are few and far in availability.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish