Shipping tubes

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
randman33
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Shipping tubes

Post by randman33 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 am

What are y’all using to ship rods? I’ve used PVC in the past but if I recall correctly that got expensive.

Thx
Rand

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Shipping tubes

Post by Drakestar » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:58 am

I buy too many rods and keep those tubes around :P

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Have no idea where you are but you might try your local sporting goods store. They receive many rods in tubes and if they don't sell online they probably have some laying around.

bwjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bwjay » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:09 pm

Drakestar wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:58 am
I buy too many rods and keep those tubes around :P
This is what I thought everyone else did! I always dreaded having to ship a rod, but then I bought some rods, and now I have plenty of tubes. :) Now I just need to sell some of those rods...

eagleriver1_fish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by eagleriver1_fish » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:14 pm

I'll use cardboard tubes I've received rods in or pvc pipe. They make a lighter thinner pvc that is very sturdy too. If I'm shipping an expensive rod I feel a little more comfortable with the pvc tube. The only rod I ever received that was damaged came in a cardboard tube. That tube was nearly ripped in two so I don't know what happened. I always anchor my rods that I ship so it doesn't slide around in the tube.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:37 am

eagleriver1_fish wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:14 pm
I'll use cardboard tubes I've received rods in or pvc pipe. They make a lighter thinner pvc that is very sturdy too. If I'm shipping an expensive rod I feel a little more comfortable with the pvc tube. The only rod I ever received that was damaged came in a cardboard tube. That tube was nearly ripped in two so I don't know what happened. I always anchor my rods that I ship so it doesn't slide around in the tube.
Same here.
I've sent a rod in for repairs and asked the manufacturer to return my PVC pipe and they did..
High dollar rods all get shipped in a pvc tube.. low dollar rods in card board with insurance to cover the rod and such
ONLy rod that I ever received broken was in card board tube.. Glad I was there when they delivered it cause I gave it back to the driver when they passed my house again..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible