Powell Max3D 725CB

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
romans
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Powell Max3D 725CB

Post by romans » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:39 pm

Greetings,
I have this rod.... well I had this rod.. until it became a 2 piece. I really liked it for what I did with it but I need a replacement. Any suggestions on a different rod with the same specs/capabilities with a similar price point? They do make this in the endurance line but looking for an option that is not purple.
Thanks,

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Powell Max3D 725CB

Post by Drakestar » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:39 pm

Is that one of the graphite CB rods? I do have the Endurance 725 CB Graphite that you may be talking about as a replacement and it's great for topwater, lipless hopping and cranking. It's not purple, though, it's blue. Doesn't seem too garish to me.

romans
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Powell Max3D 725CB

Post by romans » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:16 pm

I am legitimately color blind, or color impaired. To me that is purple but after looking very closely for way too long and under very good light at a dealer I agree that it is blue and not purple. I never doubted you, I know that I struggle with colors. No it`s not too garish, I am just old school in my color blind ways and prefer plain looking. That blue is definitely mild compared to some of the color schemes I see some companies use.