replacing recoil guide on NRX

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
sta6ka
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

replacing recoil guide on NRX

Post by sta6ka » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:10 pm

Hello, I broke my second guide (counting from top, recoil) on my NRX 802S JWR. I'm not counting on any warranties or even a straight answer straight from the loomis. I cant call them my self since I'm from Europe (bad accent :D ). This rod has cost me fortunes and I would be very thankful if some of you guys could pint point me the exact size and model. I will change it myself no problems.

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: replacing recoil guide on NRX

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:15 am

Loomis customer service will answer that question for you through email quickly. I would have a local rod builder swap it unless you are comfortable. Might run ya $15-$20.
Philippians 4:6

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: replacing recoil guide on NRX

Post by Jeffbro999 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:25 am

Matching the thread color is the hard part. I have 3 spools of thread, all the same color of the same brand they used from the factory, and all are slightly different and don’t match perfectly. Close enough for me, but I know some on here would have a problem with it. I’d send GLoomis an email or ask Bantam1 in the Shimano support forum about the sizing. Good luck.