Ark Reinforcer Sensitivity

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Ark Reinforcer Sensitivity

Post by Drakestar » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:13 pm

I'm considering getting a fun-to-have Ark Reinforcer when TW does their rod spring sale in a couple weeks. The line has come up in various conversations as a (somewhat unconventional) option for entry-level high-end rods, and at 25% off ($270 total) they seem like an interesting experiment. Looking for some actual experiences on where exactly sensitivity charts, though. I've read Cal's review and went back to older forum posts, but I'm not quite clear on what to expect.

I think these rods might play in the same ballpark as an Orochi, and somewhere between an IMX and a GLX. Does that seem correct? Do they reach GLX levels of sensitivity? I'm hoping for something that is at least in that realm, because if not the rod won't see much use (because I'll have more sensitive options everywhere, and you know how it goes...)

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Ark Reinforcer Sensitivity

Post by Drakestar » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:53 am

This got pushed to the 2nd page quickly after an onslaught of posts :) One last ping to see if anybody has experiences to share.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:34 am

following

tjmfishing
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by tjmfishing » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:31 pm

So I have 3 reinforcers now,
Casting
7’1 MH XF
7’1 Medium XF

Spinning
6’10 Medium Light XF

I picked up my first ark and was so impressed I dumped a bunch of my other high end rods to pick up more of these. In terms of sensitivity they are every single bit on par with the IMX’s I’ve owned or above. I would certainly rank them close to a GLX but it’s been a while since I’ve gotten to fish a GLX. You won’t regret getting one they are truly fun to fish it’s almost indescribable when you pick one up it just feels special. If you enjoy enthusiast gear this is your place to get it at a price that doesn’t blow most people’s budget out of the water. Light, crisp, responsive, and balanced the reinforcers have literally become an extension of my hand because I don’t put them down anymore when I’m on the water.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 pm

For those who may be suspicious of TJMFishing, this being his first post and responding with so much praise to these sticks. I've been chatting with him through social media for the past nine months or so and recently suggested he try the Reinforcers based on his tackle needs and budget leading into this year. Seeing this thread, I asked him to jump in and provide his feedback.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 pm

tjmfishing wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:31 pm
Casting
7’1 MH XF
7’1 Medium XF

Spinning
6’10 Medium Light XF

I picked up my first ark and was so impressed I dumped a bunch of my other high end rods to pick up more of these. In terms of sensitivity they are every single bit on par with the IMX’s I’ve owned or above. I would certainly rank them close to a GLX but it’s been a while since I’ve gotten to fish a GLX. You won’t regret getting one they are truly fun to fish it’s almost indescribable when you pick one up it just feels special. If you enjoy enthusiast gear this is your place to get it at a price that doesn’t blow most people’s budget out of the water. Light, crisp, responsive, and balanced the reinforcers have literally become an extension of my hand because I don’t put them down anymore when I’m on the water.
so would you say the xf is truly xf? also does it have a soft or stiff tip? are the guides durable?

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 pm

Cal wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 pm
For those who may be suspicious of TJMFishing, this being his first post and responding with so much praise to these sticks. I've been chatting with him through social media for the past nine months or so and recently suggested he try the Reinforcers based on his tackle needs and budget leading into this year. Seeing this thread, I asked him to jump in and provide his feedback.
would you put the sensitivity on par with the glx?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:37 pm

Chode wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 pm

It's been so long since I've fished any of my G.Loomis rods, I don't even have a reference for GLX casting rod sensitivity anymore.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:21 am

Cal wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:37 pm
Chode wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:26 pm

It's been so long since I've fished any of my G.Loomis rods, I don't even have a reference for GLX casting rod sensitivity anymore.
Perhaps that'll change once the new NRXs are released :D

tjmfishing
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by tjmfishing » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 am

Chode wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 pm
tjmfishing wrote:
Casting
7’1 MH XF
7’1 Medium XF

Spinning
6’10 Medium Light XF

so would you say the xf is truly xf? also does it have a soft or stiff tip? are the guides durable?

Oh they are very much a true XF tip. More so than other brands I’ve had like Powell or St. Croix. I’d say you get a very soft tip that tapers extremely quick to a strong and stout backbone. Even on the lighter end of the spectrum these rods appear to almost fish a half power or so heavier than they are thanks to that taper. Some guys don’t like the titanium guides but I actually really enjoy fishing with them and they add the overall sensitivity of the stick.
It’s comfortable in hand and I have zero complaints.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:48 am

Thanks for the feedback! FWIW I pulled the trigger on the 7’1” MH a couple of days ago and it’ll arrive today, so I’ll be able to add my own impressions on where it ranks. I do still fish a 843 MBR GLX semi-regularly and have a feel for it.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:07 am

Drakestar wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:48 am
Thanks for the feedback! FWIW I pulled the trigger on the 7’1” MH a couple of days ago and it’ll arrive today, so I’ll be able to add my own impressions on where it ranks. I do still fish a 843 MBR GLX semi-regularly and have a feel for it.
would love to hear your thoughts as well

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:07 am

tjmfishing wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:53 am
Chode wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 pm
tjmfishing wrote:
Casting
7’1 MH XF
7’1 Medium XF

Spinning
6’10 Medium Light XF

Oh they are very much a true XF tip. More so than other brands I’ve had like Powell or St. Croix. I’d say you get a very soft tip that tapers extremely quick to a strong and stout backbone. Even on the lighter end of the spectrum these rods appear to almost fish a half power or so heavier than they are thanks to that taper. Some guys don’t like the titanium guides but I actually really enjoy fishing with them and they add the overall sensitivity of the stick.
It’s comfortable in hand and I have zero complaints.
really appreciate your feedback

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:09 pm

First impressions of the actual rod are mixed. The unsanded wrap looks cool, it has a clean and elegant look. But I've seen straighter guide trains (it's not terrible, but a couple of them are a bit off), there's 1/4 inch of exposed thread after I closed the reel nut (I put a Tatula Elite on it that needed a new home), and there's small globs of epoxy on top of a couple of the guides. None of those flaws are crippling, and I've been forgiving of similar issues on blanks/rods that I really like (i.e. the K2 has exposed threads). Actual blank performance will be the final decision maker.

My nearby neighborhood reservoir is a grass lake, not sure yet when I'll get to a fishery with rocky bottom for an indicative sensitivity test. Maybe on the weekend.

a1712
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by a1712 » Sat May 01, 2021 10:27 am

I've returned 2- Invoker Pro's and a Tharp for having blanks that were very crooked. The other 6 ARK Rods I have the builds are perfect and they fish well above their price point. Brian.
Are you fishing or aimlessly casting around?