JDM Shimano, Daiwa , Evergreen

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

JDM Shimano, Daiwa , Evergreen

Post by goldrod » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:20 pm

I was out an about my own business when i stumbled upon what I think is the absolute best combo
( a few weeks ago i was about to sell the reel and give away the line but I am glad I didnt)

I have a steez ltd and a G1 Spool i recently got in and tried this 16lb sunline asegai line with my black widow rod , 3/8oz riot tungsten jig and this combo just gives me love.. love all over..I was using some nokie for a trailer and i need more nokie cause i am wearing them out..all that being said I wondered what is the jdm rod I havent tried and I called up another TT.com member

At some point I just have to pull the trigger and I did but on a shimano jdm rod. Its probably one of the the few rods I havent tried.
and now its atop my list of rods to buy because I have no personal experience with them. I would like to know the difference in the poison glourious and ultima line up.. to know what I am getting from the one over the other.. I have one other evergreen rod but now its time to really get my feet wet and step into the deep.

If you could get only one rod of all the three I mentioned, which stick would it be?
I heard the 72 ultima is a great rod.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: JDM Shimano, Daiwa , Evergreen

Post by Tigerbass » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:35 am

I can’t give you a direct comparison between the Shimano and other two JDM companies (I would love to have a Racing Design and high end Inspirare), but I do not think you would be disappointed at all with the 172H Ultima. Although I only have limited time with mine it brings a smile to my face every time I pick it up!

I should add, the 172”H”is not a traditional American “heavy” rod. More like a MH or MH+.