Steez Harrier and Steez Top Gun

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Steez Harrier and Steez Top Gun

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:17 pm

Got them in today and I’m extremely pleased.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steez Harrier and Steez Top Gun

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:08 pm

a few pictures

In haste I ordered the harrier and didnt realize it was a two piece as well but the fit and finish is just superb.
Attachments
tg2.jpg
tg2.jpg (95.54 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
tg3.jpg
tg3.jpg (78 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
tg1.jpg
tg1.jpg (130.23 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
tg4.jpg
tg4.jpg (121.47 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:31 pm

You’re on fire! Nice pick up!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:46 pm

I really want the new Fire Wolf model.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:56 pm

Thank You,

I Like that firewolf too.. but this harrier is something else. This is my contribution to Maverick and the movie.. but
I really want to go on the water or to the water.. Im skeptical about the Top Gun But I know I already like the H. Its fast and just has that factor that I like in a rod.. its like a bottom contact rod but lighter and shorter. I wouldn't hang my hat on my initial impressions but I can say I do like the flex in the Top Gun. It hints at so many techniques. Thanks to all who helped me decide. I appreciate it. I've joysticked around with both rods and both BCI and BCII, and the RD Texas rig Special and I dont know where the sensitivity is since i've yet to fish with them but in a blind fishing choice the harrier action over the TRS for my taste and I guess thats because I dont fish a locked down drag.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:44 pm

got some time out with both rods today. the harrier handle is not as long as the TG and you may find that you have just enough for a two hand cast ( over the head cast) depending on your hand size. That is about the only con I can honestly speak on. Its a lot of rod in a very light package but make no mistake about it, it is a pleasure to fish with.
If you have a jig 5/16 to 5/8oz I can see you with. I like the rod and the action of the rod. A fluke rod , weightless senko are some alternatives. Personally I used a jig and I used a senko type worm and a honey nugget with 1/8ounce weight. Sure hooksets no matter how far I casted. It pulls through grass without flexing and I was bank fishing a grassy pond.
on a sidetone the honey nugget is super soft and its a one and done type lure that I'm trying to figure out how to make it last.
This rod is the rod to fish weighless anything but also the baits that glide away from you.

The Top Gun for me I think I need another reel to accurately assess it. I caught fish on a free rig 3/16 oz weight and deps bull flat.
I tried some other lures but I can see topwater , spinnerbaits, vibrating jigs , traps, but Im going to wait til i get more time on the water wit this rod and a better reel

I had to get another reel that I think is better suited for this rod. I had my 100M reel with and IP79 spool on it but with this other reel I can use the same spool

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:30 am

One thing I do like about both rods is no AGS Guides
Although I’ve not had an issue with the AGS guides.

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:23 pm

Do you like these JDM Steez rods better than Shimano Poison Glorious? may be they are not apple to apple just want to get a sense of your feeling of them...PGs are quite popular in my fishing circle and have not seen many new Steez...yet

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:25 pm

Nice pick ups!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:58 pm

StymoDe wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:23 pm
Do you like these JDM Steez rods better than Shimano Poison Glorious? may be they are not apple to apple just want to get a sense of your feeling of them...PGs are quite popular in my fishing circle and have not seen many new Steez...yet
I have not fished the PG as a bottom contact like for worms and jigs and such things. but the steez harrier is just a rod that gives me everything i personally like and how I like to fish. I cant say it has that same feeling like the PG has right before a strike.
its not that but its no slouch in sensitivity. I hope that makes sense and i' hope to get a rushburn one day to really compare.
The TopGun is a funky rod to me that I am trying to get. I've mounted an sv103xs on it now and I can say that I like that combo
its just hard to put the harrier down..

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:33 pm

StymoDe wrote:
The new PG blanks are going to be tough to surpass.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:44 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:33 pm
StymoDe wrote:
The new PG blanks are going to be tough to surpass.
Yes man I’ve been looking for the jig rod of their line up.
Just got my Valkyrie in today and I like it more than the tomahawk

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:40 pm

Took the Top gun out today and it’s more rod than I initially thought
I threw a deps evoke zero 120 on it and did excellent but the fish wouldn’t cooperate. I’m certain that as a C-rig rod you’ll love it. I felt bites in 20+ feet of water with a 3/8 oz weight and a 6 inch robo fat worm. I had a good bite but my wife was calling so I reached for the phone when the fish reached for my worm. Needless to say the fish won and I’m going to look for some more Bluetooth ear piece
Man it was so hot on the water today

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:20 am

More top gun information

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:28 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:20 am
More top gun information
I have the Top Gun bug …