What is your rod for tiny cranks ?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What is your rod for tiny cranks ?

Post by dragon1 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:55 am

BrettTRay wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:30 pm
Daiwa Black Label SG 551LRB with Daiwa Millionaire CT SV 70, 700S shallow spool and 4lb fluoro. Casting 1/8 to 3/8oz jerkbaits and cranks is butter. Those Black Label rods are the most underrated rod I’ve ever fished. Also own the Black Label SG 7’ Swimbait rod. Slow taper that has completely changed my misconception about rod tapers and how a fast taper is absolutely not ideal in a lot of situations especially when talking about casting accuracy, casting ease, and how it creates such a more natural cadence to your glidebait/Swimbait. If you’re the type that also uses the rod to create action on glidebaits instead of just the real, you’ll love this rod. You have to try it to appreciate it.
Good stuff man, thanks for sharing. My light crank rod for sub 1/4 oz is a custom Lamiglas XMG50 LSJ 781 built spinning, extended to 6'9".
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:08 am

For finesse bass cranks, the Cashion Icon BFS 7' Light is pretty nice. It's carbon and has a nice taper to keep the tiny treble hooks pinned.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:16 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:08 am
For finesse bass cranks, the Cashion Icon BFS 7' Light is pretty nice. It's carbon and has a nice taper to keep the tiny treble hooks pinned.
Looks nice....I like the woven grips like my edge rods have. I decided to keep my Yamaga Blanks 69B, which sems to have an UL upper and L lower blank. A 7' light power like the Icon would bridge the gap in between my 69b and ml zenon/villain sticks. Teeny cranks FTW!

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:11 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:16 am
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:08 am
Looks nice....I like the woven grips like my edge rods have. I decided to keep my Yamaga Blanks 69B, which sems to have an UL upper and L lower blank. A 7' light power like the Icon would bridge the gap in between my 69b and ml zenon/villain sticks. Teeny cranks FTW!
It does quite well. I ran 7lb fluorocarbon on mine and I didn't have an issue losing fish at all. Works good for exposed light wire single hooks too
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing