Megabass Madbull vs Steez

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass Madbull vs Steez

Post by clemsondds » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:38 pm

Dan B wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:47 am
clemsondds wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:36 am
Dan B wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:29 am
For what you want, my vote is on the Madbull. Drip/locknut/balance is just better than the Steez models, and will handle exactly what you want. TBH if you wanted a little bit longer rod than a 7' I would skip the Steez and get an Expride 7'2 MH Glass.
That's easily one of the best chatterbait rods on the market for 1/2 the price, you just have to wait to get one.

All of my Steez casting rods have been tip heavy and I have preferred the P5 counterpart instead... the locknut also drives me nuts and should be 1/2 as big. If they did that and scooted the reel seat up 1/2-3/4" on each rod they would be perfect..

P.S. If you ever go with a spinning rod, the Steez can't be beat. They are better than my P5s, NRX+s, ETC...
That's interesting. Thanks! I didn't realize their spinning rods were that good. Which model (s) do you prefer?
I have the 7'1 ML and the 7'6 (The ONE)... I haven't bought the 7'1 M yet only because I have a P5 Windbuster and it would basically do the same job for me. I have not had "The ONE" long as I just bought it from Bronzefly for a Lake St Clair trip that I leave for on Sunday. However, I have had it out on the boat 3 times messing around with reels and line on it and HOLY **** is it a fantastic rod. I've used/owned 5-6 NRX models and I have two P5 spinning models and tbh it isn't even a close battle for me, Steez spanks them all (Now moving to Casting rods then I prefer the P5s over the Steez, but that has nothing to do with their sensitivity). Action, balance, sensitivity... all have been great. This trip coming up will be the true test. Interested in seeing if it dethrones my Destroyer Addermine as my favorite overall rod (both casting and spinning).

And just cause someone is going to ask, lol, I'm running the Steez 7'6 M/ML with a 3000MHG Vanquish - 10lb Daiwa J-braid Grand/7lb Sunline Sniper or 6lb Invizx leader.
Thanks! I thought I had seen you answer that before but couldn't remember where. What will you be using the 7'6 for over the other two?

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:00 am

clemsondds wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:38 pm
Dan B wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:47 am
I have the 7'1 ML and the 7'6 (The ONE)... I haven't bought the 7'1 M yet only because I have a P5 Windbuster and it would basically do the same job for me. I have not had "The ONE" long as I just bought it from Bronzefly for a Lake St Clair trip that I leave for on Sunday. However, I have had it out on the boat 3 times messing around with reels and line on it and HOLY **** is it a fantastic rod. I've used/owned 5-6 NRX models and I have two P5 spinning models and tbh it isn't even a close battle for me, Steez spanks them all (Now moving to Casting rods then I prefer the P5s over the Steez, but that has nothing to do with their sensitivity). Action, balance, sensitivity... all have been great. This trip coming up will be the true test. Interested in seeing if it dethrones my Destroyer Addermine as my favorite overall rod (both casting and spinning).

And just cause someone is going to ask, lol, I'm running the Steez 7'6 M/ML with a 3000MHG Vanquish - 10lb Daiwa J-braid Grand/7lb Sunline Sniper or 6lb Invizx leader.
Thanks! I thought I had seen you answer that before but couldn't remember where. What will you be using the 7'6 for over the other two?
I just got back from St Clair yesterday and used it for 3.5 days straight... including 4-5 other spinning combos. I plan on doing a little write-up on it here soon when I have time since the people asked. The answer basically is you can throw whatever the hell you want. Extremely impressed with the performance of this rod, so much so I may buy a 2nd one (which I rarely do because I like trying new things and buying repeats limits me in that goal).

The Addermine is still my all-time favorite rod out there and saw a ton of use during the trip as well, but the Steez might be better in certain aspects. IMHO, the Steez AGS is the BEST current production rod you can possibly buy, period. My P5s and NRX+s aren't on the same level as that Steez AGS "the one".

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:34 pm

clemsondds wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:16 am
bbates3 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:41 am
I have the madbull, 71 Valkyrie and Steez AGS

i like the madbull for lipless, topwater, buzzbaits, but mainly use it for top water. its super light and easy to use for extended periods. i have used it for chatterbaits but much prefer the 71 mh valkyrie. i didnt get the best hook up ratio with the madbull, but it can work, overall its a very versatile rod and can do alot, ive even used it for texas rigs and it worked great. its 1 rod that does alot

the 71 valkyrie is so far my favorite chatterbait rod, just works well for me

i dont really feel like any of the steez ags compare to valkyire, the 72 moving bait special i am told is similar but lighter in power then the 72 H is more powerful
Ok thanks. So if you had to choose between the madbull and valkyrie for buzzbait, chatterbait, and lipless, which would you choose? :)

hmmm... if primarily chatterbait then the 71 mh valkryie. i just love that rod for chatterbaits, loads up great, keeps them pinned and you dont loose fish.