Megabass Valkyrie World Expedition for inshore rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
sn95
Angler
Angler

Megabass Valkyrie World Expedition for inshore rod?

Post by sn95 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:44 am

I’ve been looking for a travel rod that will work as a travel inshore rod and still be usable for bass the rest of the year. I stumbled across the expedition series of the Valkyrie rods and have been eyeing the model VKS-76M-4 I just don’t know if it’s going to be too much rod to effectively cast lighter things like say 3/8oz maybe even 1/4oz. I saw there is lighter spinning option in the 6’10” model but the description mentions fish under 3kg and ideally I will hook into some snook larger than that on my upcoming trip, at least ideally. Does anyone happen to have experience with either Rod and can help me decide if one might be better for me then the other or if I should stick with going my original plan of going for a TFO traveler series. Undecided on the reel as of year but probably a Shimano in the 3000 size range unless that’s too small.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Megabass Valkyrie World Expedition for inshore rod?

Post by SSS » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:05 pm

Don't own the model you're looking for, but i do own the 7.6" one, and its amazing all around.

sn95
Angler
Angler

Re: Megabass Valkyrie World Expedition for inshore rod?

Post by sn95 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:46 am

I am looking at the 7’6” spinning one, or is there also a casting 7’6”? Either way I think I’m going to try it and pair the rod with a twin power maybe.