Anyone have any recent experiences with NFC?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
DrTrevorkian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Anyone have any recent experiences with NFC?

Post by DrTrevorkian » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:47 pm

reason162 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:33 pm
DrTrevorkian wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:12 am
Ok, clearly you aren’t used to how NFC rolls.
Lol what a joke - nobody cares about your 89 perfectly received blanks, that's how things should go - we want to know what happens when things go wrong, and obviously NFC has a long and rich history of screwing their customers on that front.
Lol, what a joke? What went different than what is explained right here:

https://northforkcomposites.com/warranty-and-returns/

This is the warranty contract I receive, you would receive, the other guy received as soon as one purchases a blank and subsequently receive it. To expect service above and beyond what is stated, is a little pretentious, no?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:17 am

DrTrevorkian wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:47 pm
reason162 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:33 pm
DrTrevorkian wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:12 am
Ok, clearly you aren’t used to how NFC rolls.
Lol what a joke - nobody cares about your 89 perfectly received blanks, that's how things should go - we want to know what happens when things go wrong, and obviously NFC has a long and rich history of screwing their customers on that front.
Lol, what a joke? What went different than what is explained right here:

This is the warranty contract I receive, you would receive, the other guy received as soon as one purchases a blank and subsequently receive it. To expect service above and beyond what is stated, is a little pretentious, no?
Ok, lets take this down a notch. Unless you have an undisclosed affiliation with NFC, there is no need for defending any company. The original post was asking about recent experiences, whether positive or negative. People listed their personal experiences, or commented with prevailing knowledge based on past posts of the same topic. When someone replies, its not necessary to try and negate the value of an individual's input. This is an open discussion forum, but we must maintain civility, as well. He made his personal experience available to the OP. Likewise, the OP can draw his own conclusions based on the information available.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Pilu72
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Pilu72 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:34 am

Thank you so much!

DrTrevorkian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DrTrevorkian » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:45 am

No affiliation what so ever. Just my hard earned dollars spent with NFC that could go to anyone producing what NFC does. I’m sponsored by me 8-)

Why would I need to be affiliated with NFC to call somebody for publically bashing a company for not going above and beyond their stated warranty practice? If NFC didn’t honor their written warranty, then gloves off, and let’em have it. That’s the way things used to be, at least… This current practice of making up our own warranty terms because some other company does it that way, is out of hand, and I’ll continue to civilly call anyone on it.

Now, have they gone above and beyond at their discretion in the past? Certainly. Is that where catching more bees with honey, comes in? Sure does.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:00 am

DrTrevorkian wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:45 am
No affiliation what so ever. Just my hard earned dollars spent with NFC that could go to anyone producing what NFC does. I’m sponsored by me 8-)

Why would I need to be affiliated with NFC to call somebody for publically bashing a company for not going above and beyond their stated warranty practice? If NFC didn’t honor their written warranty, then gloves off, and let’em have it. That’s the way things used to be, at least… This current practice of making up our own warranty terms because some other company does it that way, is out of hand, and I’ll continue to civilly call anyone on it.

Now, have they gone above and beyond at their discretion in the past? Certainly. Is that where catching more bees with honey, comes in? Sure does.
The information and link you listed regarding their stated warranty is valuable information. That gives anyone who reads this thread in the future a more informed choice when it comes to buying from them. However, continuing to argue is pointless to the OP's question. This thread was started asking for information, so lets please stay on topic. This goes for everone here, and is not aimed at you specifically. I only quoted you to capture the essense of my point. Lets move forward and drop the back and forth.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

DrTrevorkian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DrTrevorkian » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:17 am

Deal👍

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:13 am

DrTrevorkian wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:17 am
Deal👍
Much appreciated!

dhottle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dhottle » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:48 am

I just received an Epitome SJR764-1S spinning rod that I purchased back in September last year. It was on sale for $295 plus $10 federal excise tax with free shipping. I specifically ordered it for great lakes smallie fishing which is my favorite species to target even though I live in SE Florida. As I recall the expected wait was quoted as 4-6 months. I followed up by email last month requesting an estimated time of arrival because I have a trip booked for late April. I was told not to worry as I should have it in March based on the scheduled build date. I have purchased one other Epitome rod a casting model & an 8' swimbait model. I have been extremely pleased with both rods weight & performance. The build quality has been good. The blanks have been exceptional in all aspects of weight, strength, sensitivity & overall performance in my experience. The spinning rod blew me away based on it's lightness for a 7'-6" rod & overall feel in hand both by it self & with a new Daiwa Exist PCLT2500-H. I just got it last night so I haven't fished with it yet but feel it will handle all techniques I use for small mouth from hair jigs to 1oz jerk baits. It is rated 3/8 to 1oz & Fast Mag Medium. Plenty of tip flex 1/4 to 1/3 of the blank length before it transitions into the main core of the blank. My experience suggests that if your patient & willing to wait for one of the best rods I have ever used at a super discounted price Edge rods are the real deal.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:44 pm

dhottle wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:48 am
I just received an Epitome SJR764-1S spinning rod that I purchased back in September last year. It was on sale for $295 plus $10 federal excise tax with free shipping. I specifically ordered it for great lakes smallie fishing which is my favorite species to target even though I live in SE Florida. As I recall the expected wait was quoted as 4-6 months. I followed up by email last month requesting an estimated time of arrival because I have a trip booked for late April. I was told not to worry as I should have it in March based on the scheduled build date. I have purchased one other Epitome rod a casting model & an 8' swimbait model. I have been extremely pleased with both rods weight & performance. The build quality has been good. The blanks have been exceptional in all aspects of weight, strength, sensitivity & overall performance in my experience. The spinning rod blew me away based on it's lightness for a 7'-6" rod & overall feel in hand both by it self & with a new Daiwa Exist PCLT2500-H. I just got it last night so I haven't fished with it yet but feel it will handle all techniques I use for small mouth from hair jigs to 1oz jerk baits. It is rated 3/8 to 1oz & Fast Mag Medium. Plenty of tip flex 1/4 to 1/3 of the blank length before it transitions into the main core of the blank. My experience suggests that if your patient & willing to wait for one of the best rods I have ever used at a super discounted price Edge rods are the real deal.
Sweet! I've seen a couple other guys post their epitome rods they just received. Jelly for sure. I really want an epitome and silver widow for my collection. I'm also guilty of defending NFC or any conpany I like. Human nature I suppose.

DenhamBruce
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DenhamBruce » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:57 pm

DrTrevorkian,

Cut the act, you're clearly a shill for NFC. Nobody would go to such lengths as you have to defend a company that they aren't affiliated with. The fact that you would even engage with the guy who paid $500 to have a BLANK shipped halfway across the globe and tell him NFC owed him nothing in terms of offering their help is total bull. People aren't trying to "Take on" the company when they contact them in regards to broken or crooked blank they received in the mail. They're looking for NFC to fulfill their side of the deal which they so often fail to do.

DrTrevorkian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DrTrevorkian » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:12 am

DenhamBruce,

Thank you for your insight in this matter. It’s greatly appreciated!

If you’d like to private message me, I’ll give you my name and you can call NFC and see if I’m Pro Staff, an employee, whatever “shill” want to believe I am. I’ve spent $14,266.88 with NFC since October 10, 2021. Surprised me too! Those are all steelhead and salmon builds for myself only, and my hard earned money paid for it all. I’m nobody special. I get zero preferential treatment. When I call them, they have to look me up. Again, I’m a nobody. I just really enjoy their products and I am a bonafide gear whore. If that doesn’t qualify me to make the comments I have, I don’t know what to tell you. I have had exactly zero instances where they wronged me in 34 total transactions.

Nowhere on that page does it say NFC will pay for the return shipping back to them. It spells out, in detail, what their policy is. Where did they deviate from it in this instance?