Advice needed regarding splitting the TS Destroyer Blackjack up into two rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Advice needed regarding splitting the TS Destroyer Blackjack up into two rods

Post by freelancer27 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:40 pm

Hi all,

I have been fishing the Megabass TS Destroyer Blackjack for a bit longer than a year now and it is a fantastic do it all rod, that I have used for anything from Rats to the Deps 250.

With me getting a bit more experience, I have started to play with the idea to expand my swimbait arsenal and replace the Blackjack with two rods.

First rod would be a rod that would be used for precise casting of rats, DRT TK (potentially K9), HPH and something like a 8" magdraft. Reel would be a 2018 Antares DC with some 20-22lb Sunline Shooter Defier Armilo.

The second rod would be for anything Deps 250 and above, including some larger single hook soft baits. The reel would be a 2023 Shimano Calcutta Conquest 401.

I was thinking to stay in the TS Destroyer line up (I love these rods) and go with a TS Casion and a TS King of Baccarat.

Very interested to hear everybody's (first hand?) thoughts on my idea! If there are any other rod recommendations that I should consider, I am all ears. Just love the looks and quality build of the TS Destroyers.

Thank you all!