2024 2 pcs X10 and additional models of P5 destroyer

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
raychoi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

2024 2 pcs X10 and additional models of P5 destroyer

Post by raychoi » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:57 pm

https://www.megabass.co.jp/site/newarrivals-2024

If you like and 2 pcs rods, these 2 pcs X10 and P5 will save you lot of money on shipping.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 2024 2 pcs X10 and additional models of P5 destroyer

Post by SSS » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:02 am

I am all about multi piece, that's all i use these days, but i want it in three piece like the triza or even better, four piece. If they make a 4 piece model i am ordering one the day they go on sale. Its pretty much the one thing i want from megabass.

raychoi
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by raychoi » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:41 pm

https://www.megabass.co.jp/site/product ... _f2st-73x/

;) If you into BFS, this 3 pieces P5 looks really unique. It has an EX fast tip that become regular when you fight the fish. It looks like smallmouth killer \:D/ I might finally give in and buy a Megabass.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:58 pm

raychoi wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:41 pm

;) If you into BFS, this 3 pieces P5 looks really unique. It has an EX fast tip that become regular when you fight the fish. It looks like smallmouth killer \:D/ I might finally give in and buy a Megabass.
I am into bfs, and the rod does look good, but they must be center cut so it can easily be put inside a backpack. I am also using Kuying Teton since they were released, and don't feel the need of purchasing an expensive rod for bfs.

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:44 am

raychoi wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:41 pm

Hover strolling BFS rod with it's stinger tip perhaps, sign me up.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:56 am

rocketsurgeon wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:44 am
From what I read you don't want a solid tip for shaking or rolling action (what we call hover strolling here) rods - that's for dampening movement of your lure through debris/grass etc. Rather you want a springy tubular tip with some mass behind it to actually tap the jig and make it easier to maintain that steady tempo shaking from your wrist. That's how Shimano describes their shaking rods anyway.

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:42 am

reason162 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:56 am
rocketsurgeon wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:44 am
From what I read you don't want a solid tip for shaking or rolling action (what we call hover strolling here) rods - that's for dampening movement of your lure through debris/grass etc. Rather you want a springy tubular tip with some mass behind it to actually tap the jig and make it easier to maintain that steady tempo shaking from your wrist. That's how Shimano describes their shaking rods anyway.
Thanks, I must have misconstrued my intel. I thought the solid tip was a benefit to the shake. I just got the MB Kirasame st to dedicate to the hover. Was planning on re-purposing my MB Whipet to the mid stroll.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:02 am

rocketsurgeon wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:42 am
Thanks, I must have misconstrued my intel. I thought the solid tip was a benefit to the shake. I just got the MB Kirasame st to dedicate to the hover. Was planning on re-purposing my MB Whipet to the mid stroll.
I guess it depends on how you're fishing the jig. To me, midstroll/bottomstroll/rolling action with 3-4" fluke style baits I'm looking to continuously tap the slack, and I don't want a solid tip that just collapses against the weight of the lure which makes me have to work harder to impart action.

Shimano's "Xcite-Top" explanation from their Expride site here -

The Xpride 265UL+ and 267L+ appeared in the previous work as items that are compatible with the "midst" technique that effectively appeals to bass suspended in the middle layer. These models feature an excite top that intentionally makes the tip stiffer, allowing the shake to make a larger contact, automatically inducing line slack, and creating a continuous rolling action.

The Excite Top has the effect of making it easier to create line slack when shaking, making it possible to automatically generate rolling action. In addition to the Midst, which is inspired by mid-level baitfish, there are also other models such as the Neko Rig and the Downshot Rig, which have become popular models with delicate shakes that perfectly match effective fishing. In addition to these two items, NEW Xpride has a lineup of the even more delicate 261SUL+. By expanding the range of imitated baitfish, we have built a solid system for conquering Clear Lakes across the country.