New Zillion Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
HankTrill
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: New Zillion Rods

Post by HankTrill » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:43 pm

I ended up picking up the 7’3” MH, and after putting some time on it the last couple weeks it’s excellent. I cannot speak on how it compares to its Steez AGS equivalent since I’ve never even picked up that model, but the blanks themselves look very similar to the Steezs. I’ve primarily been throwing a 1/2 oz jackhammer on it which I would say is the absolute max I’d go on the rod, but it’s also plenty sensitive for throwing a Texas rig or smaller jig. Would definitely consider more rods in the lineup, I think the 7’2” M would be next on my radar.

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:21 pm

I have the 72h and 73h

If you wanna save a few hundred bucks

The 73 H fishes and feels almost exactly like the evergreen jackhammer super combat rod, so far good for chatterbaits and should work great w/ 6inch magdraft. i couldnt find a treble hook one to try but would prefer that over the freestyle with this rod.

it is also an ounce lighter than jackhammer rod weighing in at 5.6oz

I’m a big fan of the Steez Ags 72h

For comparison the Steez weighs 4.3oz, zillion is 4.8oz

Actions and powers seem similar.

Overall this looks like a great line of rods, not quite in the same ballpark but for $200ish less still good rods.

ImageUntitled by , on Flickr

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:26 am

Anybody can find me a 7 med light spinning. Out of stock everywhere.

trevor60
Angler
Angler

Post by trevor60 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

bbates3 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:21 pm
I have the 72h and 73h

If you wanna save a few hundred bucks

The 73 H fishes and feels almost exactly like the evergreen jackhammer super combat rod, so far good for chatterbaits and should work great w/ 6inch magdraft. i couldnt find a treble hook one to try but would prefer that over the freestyle with this rod.

it is also an ounce lighter than jackhammer rod weighing in at 5.6oz

I’m a big fan of the Steez Ags 72h

For comparison the Steez weighs 4.3oz, zillion is 4.8oz

Actions and powers seem similar.

Overall this looks like a great line of rods, not quite in the same ballpark but for $200ish less still good rods.

Thank you for posting your comparison of the two rods. I am looking for a Chatterbait rod and the Evergreen Super combat was a serious contender. I will take hard look at the Zillion

Have you noticed a difference in fishing characteristics between the two with the notible difference in handle lengths

Cheers

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

keen observation , yes the zillion handle is shorter, but its not as much as it looks in the pic, the zillion is up higher, i will try to get a better pic for you later

it doesnt make a ton of difference, if you have alot of grass and ripping alot then yeah after a day you will like the longer super combat handle

but the zillion is 1oz lighter too so kinda a wash to me

overall both amazing rods

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:20 pm

Did you guys get rod socks with your new zillion rods?Surprise mine didn't come with one like my Tatula rods.

Also can someone confirm on spinning models are all the butt section length the same? TW has like 2 rods both at 17" and for a 6'10 rod that's quite long.

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:37 pm

Was on them today with the 7 medlight spinning. Used for great lakes jerkbait fishing bomb casting a mile when windy. The flexlite is by far the best blank I've ever used for jerkbait fishing and very sensitive. Plentiful of 5 pounders and a toad of a 6 pounder. Now just got to get used to that longer butt handle.
Attachments
20240413_095102.jpg
20240413_095102.jpg (52.3 KiB) Viewed 593 times

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:15 am

Mang wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:37 pm
Was on them today with the 7 medlight spinning. Used for great lakes jerkbait fishing bomb casting a mile when windy. The flexlite is by far the best blank I've ever used for jerkbait fishing and very sensitive. Plentiful of 5 pounders and a toad of a 6 pounder. Now just got to get used to that longer butt handle.
Holy SCHITE! Friggin' awesome work man!!!

What size jerkbaits was that rod handling?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:02 pm

Thanks brother. I was throwing 110s all day. Handle it fine.