Kistler back to US made blanks

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Kistler back to US made blanks

Post by doomtrprz71 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:32 am

I see Kistler has several rods now with US made blanks, I wonder if they are back using NFC blanks or have someone new?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kistler back to US made blanks

Post by Cal » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:59 pm

doomtrprz71 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:32 am
I wonder if they are back using NFC blanks or have someone new?
They are not back to NFC.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:32 am

doomtrprz71 wrote:
I see Kistler has several rods now with US made blanks, I wonder if they are back using NFC blanks or have someone new?
Does it say the blanks are made in the USA, or just that the rod is built here? If they are made here, it could be CUI, Lamiglas or Batson, aside from NFC and ShimLoomis.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:51 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:32 am
doomtrprz71 wrote:
Does it say the blanks are made in the USA, or just that the rod is built here? If they are made here, it could be CUI, Lamiglas or Batson, aside from NFC and ShimLoomis.
Kistler has a new model at the top of their product chain, the Nitranium series. These are being built in the US on what they refer to as their KC10 blank. The blank is made in the USA, but not by NFC. I'm not aware of any changes to the KC8 and KC9 blanks and the Kistler website makes no mention that those blanks are US made, so I'm assuming those are the same as the sticks I wrote up in '21 (Helium) & '22 (KLX).

I'm not familiar with CUI, but as far as I know, Batson doesn't make blanks in the US (there could be a series of which I'm not familiar) and ShimLoomis doesn't OEM blanks. Lamiglas might, but I doubt Kistler would use them.
Cal, Managing Editor

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:05 am

The ones I saw with us made blanks were the nitritanium and the salt series which is odd because I would think as cheap as they were compared to say a klx I'm surprised they have a US blank.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:48 am

Cal wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2974 12:11 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:32 am
doomtrprz71 wrote:
Kistler has a new model at the top of their product chain, the Nitranium series. These are being built in the US on what they refer to as their KC10 blank. The blank is made in the USA, but not by NFC. I'm not aware of any changes to the KC8 and KC9 blanks and the Kistler website makes no mention that those blanks are US made, so I'm assuming those are the same as the sticks I wrote up in '21 (Helium) & '22 (KLX).

I'm not familiar with CUI, but as far as I know, Batson doesn't make blanks in the US (there could be a series of which I'm not familiar) and ShimLoomis doesn't OEM blanks. Lamiglas might, but I doubt Kistler would use them.
CUI, Composites Unlimited Inc, were located in Oklahoma and made blanks for Falcon. That is, until Falcon went to a foreign blank maker, likely a Chinese OEM. I'm not entirely sure that CUI is even still in business. Might have been the reason that Falcon had to source their blanks elsewhere.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:59 am

I'm so out of touch with Falcon... but that's mainly because they haven't really offered anything new in a very long time.
Cal, Managing Editor

setsail26
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by setsail26 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:36 pm

If I had to guess I would say the USA made kistler blanks are made by composite forge, which is a newer company making blanks in Texas.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:18 pm

Could be any number of companies, who knows. It would be awesome if they went with Point Blank, but I don't know if those are manufactured in the States. I haven't purchased or used anything from Kisler in ages. Since the original Magnesium built on Shikari blanks. Wish I still had that one.