Kistler Rods Pricing

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Kistler Rods Pricing

Post by Hulkster » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:26 pm

So, is Kistler's pricing tactic of always showing a massive price for a rod and then saying 'its what we would have sold them at had we sold to a big store but you get it at this way lower price" legit?

ie have his rods ever actually been listed anywhere at the giant price?

been looking into his rods and every web site including his own lists this super high price beside every model and then real price is always way lower.

if they have never sold at the high price, isn't this a little deceptive? saying his customers are getting a deal when the rods were always the lower price to begin with? I'm confused??

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Kistler Rods Pricing

Post by dragon1 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:14 pm

Hulkster wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:26 pm
So, is Kistler's pricing tactic of always showing a massive price for a rod and then saying 'its what we would have sold them at had we sold to a big store but you get it at this way lower price" legit?

ie have his rods ever actually been listed anywhere at the giant price?

been looking into his rods and every web site including his own lists this super high price beside every model and then real price is always way lower.

if they have never sold at the high price, isn't this a little deceptive? saying his customers are getting a deal when the rods were always the lower price to begin with? I'm confused??
Yeppers, purty much.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:49 am

I use to like kistler but now I don’t even consider them. It seems every year he revamps the lineup and changes the build. I agree on the pricing it’s just a marketing ploy
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

IMO he had a good niche being USA made. My biggest gripe was the very plain cork and eva handles.

He should have stayed USA made and improved the handle builds with carbon grips and some color.

The KLX for $150 on sale with an NFC blank was cool. Once you go over $200 it hard to justify the boring cork handle and eva locking nut.

For $10 to Kistler they could put carbon grips and do colored thread winding checks. The helium would looks sick with blue and black carbon theme.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 am

They have a cult following for a reason but they just don't do it for me visually. They seem hacked together almost. Like whoever put them together doesn't understand why spit grips are cool and just cut a chunk out of a full handle and fitted the two pieces to the blank without winding checks, thread work or even sculpting the cut off ends of the grips. I find this odd from a brand that prides themselves on custom building a rod from a good blank. You'd think they'd be better at this.

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:08 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am
IMO he had a good niche being USA made. My biggest gripe was the very plain cork and eva handles.

He should have stayed USA made and improved the handle builds with carbon grips and some color.

The KLX for $150 on sale with an NFC blank was cool. Once you go over $200 it hard to justify the boring cork handle and eva locking nut.

For $10 to Kistler they could put carbon grips and do colored thread winding checks. The helium would looks sick with blue and black carbon theme.
Not USA made, but they made some Chromiums with carbon grips for what seemed like 2 months and then they went back to cork. I wonder why?