Megabass Destroyer P5 “Blade”

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
mousetank
Angler
Angler

Megabass Destroyer P5 “Blade”

Post by mousetank » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:20 pm

Anyone out there using this rod? Not much out there on this model “Blade” specifically. I got it end of last season and haven’t used it yet. Was thinking of using it of course for chatterbaits and spinnerbaits. Was thinking of topwater walking baits like shower blows, gong jr, dog-x diamanté. I have more than enough rods for chatterbaits LoL and not sure if I’m regretting my decision before even using the dang rod. Probably should have went for a Tequila Baccarat as my first Destroyer P5. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh well… whoever has one of these or have used a “Blade”. What have you used it for, which reel paired with it and what lines??

Heitman
Angler
Angler

Re: Megabass Destroyer P5 “Blade”

Post by Heitman » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:47 am

I've had the Blade for about a year now. Use it for spinnerbaits mostly, but have used it for traps and swim jigs too (poppin out of grass). Been happy with it, but wouldn't pay $500 for it. Purchased through JDM Tackle Heaven for much cheaper.
3/8oz is about the lightest spinnerbait i like casting with it, just doesn't load up well casting on the bottom end of its range with baits that have quite a bit of wind resistance. I feel it could be used as a "do it all" rod if you chose to.