Curado "i" ... is this the end ?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Curado "i" ... is this the end ?

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:19 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:I dont think that the new Curado is gonna steal the Tats thunder. Im sure its gonna be a MGL version or something close to that with the new braking system. But they are 2 different reels in their ergonomics and uses. Im sure it will make the decision a little closer, but thats about it. Personally, I think the new Fuego CT is gonna steal the Tat CTs thunder. :lol:
Yep, you can't argue over $99 and metal frame.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:25 am

Bootytrain wrote:
johnD wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
johnD wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:This is bad news for the Tatula CT. Maybe we will see something at ICAST. Lighter spool with the new brakes is my guess. Maybe adding bearings to the handle.
please explain...
The curado I pretty much stole the tatulas short lived thunder after it was released. This a new curado will probably do the same to the Cts
I observed the opposite...saw guys trade in their curados for tatula ct's..now with the tatula ct sv on the way I don't see shimano putting a damper on anything. I bought curado I reels and couldn't stand them , sold all of my E series and I series to buy tatula ct's and ct type R's..wait till shimano discontinues parts for the E series , you're gonna see a whole lot of p/o curado fans.
Daiwa smartly created a lot of hype for the original Tatula by releasing the series of Project T pre release videos. There was a lot of hype and anticipation over an affordable Twing reel. So when they finally released it it was on TW''s best seller list for that month, maybe another then it dissappeared(blame flea bay, amazon, who knows). A few months later the Curado was released and stayed on TWs best seller list for like 2 years straight (despite being available cheaper on the auction site and amazon). Then the CT was made IMO as direct result of the Curado being a lot better to palm for most people. Now the CT has been on TWs best seller list consistently(which is probably due to the lower price), and the 200 curado was replaced by the 70 on the list.
The best seller list is pure marketing. If you don't research like most anglers I know, they will be swayed by this. When you go looking for a new reel and see one listed as "best seller", you figure they must be good.

OhioChamp183
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by OhioChamp183 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:09 am

What's gunna happen when Shimano runs out of letters???? There's only 26 total! Lol

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:46 am

if the curado is being phased out or updated, I wonder what will happen to the status of the cranking reel (the PG version)?

I have it and love it for big crankbaits and big blade baits.

if the curado is gone, isn't the 5.5:1 curado the only normal sized reel with a power ratio aside from the much larger Tranx?

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:01 am

njbasscat wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
johnD wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
johnD wrote:
please explain...
The curado I pretty much stole the tatulas short lived thunder after it was released. This a new curado will probably do the same to the Cts
I observed the opposite...saw guys trade in their curados for tatula ct's..now with the tatula ct sv on the way I don't see shimano putting a damper on anything. I bought curado I reels and couldn't stand them , sold all of my E series and I series to buy tatula ct's and ct type R's..wait till shimano discontinues parts for the E series , you're gonna see a whole lot of p/o curado fans.
Daiwa smartly created a lot of hype for the original Tatula by releasing the series of Project T pre release videos. There was a lot of hype and anticipation over an affordable Twing reel. So when they finally released it it was on TW''s best seller list for that month, maybe another then it dissappeared(blame flea bay, amazon, who knows). A few months later the Curado was released and stayed on TWs best seller list for like 2 years straight (despite being available cheaper on the auction site and amazon). Then the CT was made IMO as direct result of the Curado being a lot better to palm for most people. Now the CT has been on TWs best seller list consistently(which is probably due to the lower price), and the 200 curado was replaced by the 70 on the list.
The best seller list is pure marketing. If you don't research like most anglers I know, they will be swayed by this. When you go looking for a new reel and see one listed as "best seller", you figure they must be good.
That's exactly the point, it shows what the masses are buying. Of course this doesn't apply here.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:23 am

I wonder if the new Curados will come with some AR/clutch sealing like the Tranx 3/400?

One can dream...

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:14 am

Bootytrain wrote:
njbasscat wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
johnD wrote:
Bootytrain wrote: The curado I pretty much stole the tatulas short lived thunder after it was released. This a new curado will probably do the same to the Cts
That's exactly the point, it shows what the masses are buying. Of course this doesn't apply here.
The masses locally here buy Curado but they also believe the Mojo is top of the line rods. The everyday fisherman definitely swayed on best seller and name brand. Curado reels don't stay up for sale long on resell either.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Bantam1 wrote:Sorry guys I'm behind a little with posting the new product material. I'm wearing several hats in our office again and I'm sorry to say the web forums are suffering for it.

I will try my best to get the info up tomorrow. I have to create all the content for each one of the products so as you can imagine it takes me a little while to write everything, post the images to a hosting site and then post it here. There are more products being released this week, so I have to get those done too.

Could this week reveal a new Curado ?

If so ... They sure kept this one under a tight lid ! :lol:

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:25 am

jpd0144 wrote:
Bantam1 wrote:Sorry guys I'm behind a little with posting the new product material. I'm wearing several hats in our office again and I'm sorry to say the web forums are suffering for it.

I will try my best to get the info up tomorrow. I have to create all the content for each one of the products so as you can imagine it takes me a little while to write everything, post the images to a hosting site and then post it here. There are more products being released this week, so I have to get those done too.

looks like it, don't it ? lol

even tackle warehouse put them on sale. it must be now or at the classic...

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:53 am

jpd0144 wrote:

That's an understatement, there's no new such reel in the 2017 JDM Shimano catalog. I'm doubtful one will be released at the classic, hope I'm wrong though lol. A new curado is big news.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:57 am

Hopefully they do a complete redesign, not much of a fan of the current one. Also, lets see if its got plastic wormgear shaft and pawl. :lol:
<")))><{

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:33 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:Hopefully they do a complete redesign, not much of a fan of the current one. Also, lets see if its got plastic wormgear shaft and pawl. :lol:
Agreed! Loved the E generation of reels; core/alde, scorpion, met, etc... The only knock on any of them was handle backplay, and it never bothered me, this gen has a lot of downfalls in my opinion.

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:54 am

Bootytrain wrote:
jpd0144 wrote:

That's an understatement, there's no new such reel in the 2017 JDM Shimano catalog. I'm doubtful one will be released at the classic, hope I'm wrong though lol. A new curado is big news.
In saw your post in another thread ... your probably spot on with it only being new rods. :crying:
Last edited by jpd0144 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:04 am

jpd0144 wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
jpd0144 wrote:

Just get the new Scorpion DC. It's bad to the bone... especially for the price.

In saw you post in another thread ... your probably spot on with it only being new rods. :crying:

jbabin193
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jbabin193 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:37 pm

If an upgrade is not coming soon, you would think it's coming at some point. Why not? MGL is my bet. They still have the citica if they need a price point reel, and plenty of entry point reels.