Shimano/Daiwa affected by earthquake?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
dustlane
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Shimano/Daiwa affected by earthquake?

Post by dustlane » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Does anyone out there know how Shimano and Daiwa will be affected by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan if at all? Everyone over there is in my prayers. I wish them all the best and a speedy recovery.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano/Daiwa affected by earthquake?

Post by dragon1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:20 pm

I work for Infiniti and all of their vehicles and most of the parts are 100% made in Japan...granted that most manufacturing plants were not damaged, the ramifications created by the earthquakes and tsunami is all inter-connected.

Supplies, power, shipping ports/routes/lanes, the unstable reactor, and other shared commodities there will be as much, if not more of a challenge. Steel and re-building materials of all sorts will be in huge demand as well...and I imagine for some time.

Many prayers to those in Japan and their family and friends! [-o< [-o< [-o<
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 am

I talked to a Daiwa guy about that last weekend. He said no one was hurt and the Daiwa factory was OK. They did close it down for a couple of days.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:08 am

Thousands of people dead , multiple nuclear meltdowns insight.The last thing there worried about is fishing reels.But I would imagine the ports are gonna have to be rebuilt.Prayers sent for Japan.