US Reel Supercaster

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

US Reel Supercaster

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:45 pm

anyone have experience with these things? they look interesting...but they also looks like a piece of junk...

http://www.usreel.com/products/BaitCasterSeries.aspx
stress-what happens between fishing trips

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: US Reel Supercaster

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:21 pm

I am not a fan of anything Jimmy Houston or Roland Martin endorses. I have met them when I used to work for Bass Pro and was not impressed (personal opinion). Low end reels like the Effortless and the Hibdon are just that low end. There are a lot of other reels out there within either price point that are nicer. However, the 1000 and 1000 Pro feel like solid reels. Concept is neat but execution leaves something to be desired. I have fished the 1000 Pro and wasn't impressed. I didn't feel like it gave me anything my Zillion couldn't. If you like it buy it. If you are unsatisfied then return it and buy a Zillion, Patriarch XT, Revo Premier, Chronarch D, or a Lew's Team Speed Spool. I have gotten into major disagreements over these reels with someone and don't want to start that again so let me leave you with this. Everything I stated is in my own opinion. I hope that whether you go with the reel or not you are satisfied with your purchase. Do some research and play with one first before you buy.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:28 pm

haha Im not lookin to buy one, I was just curious. Trust me if I was gonna spend that kind of money, ill get another zillion or chronarch...I was just curious if anyone actually thought they were worth the money. Thanks for the information though, I cant seem to find them in any store around here. They do look interesting, but I honestly doubt they could compete with anything daiwa or shimano puts out.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Yeah, my money is on Daiwa or Shimano also.

VRG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by VRG » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:56 am

Funny that aside from the vague claim of longer casts with fewer backlashes, there are absolutely no specifics on anti-backlash systems on the web page. Given the history of producing what most have found to be relatively junky spinning reel built around a single supposedly revolutionary concept (large arbor spool) I wouldn't expect a lot.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:16 am

lol...I think id choose Ardent over US Reel...thats sayin something... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:11 am

agreed