Reel designers

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Reel designers

Post by Buck2thPerch » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:59 am

KDAB wrote:I don't think anyone ever said it was the same as the old Chronarh....

The reel itself isn't under performing, I guess I'm not as attached to the names as most...the thing that really sucks is that price of a Cronarch D probably won't drop like a reel normally would when a new model comes out.
I think you are missing the point. We all know the Chronarch E is not the same as the Chronarch D. We are basing the new Chronarch on previous versions, performance, and build. From Chronarch A to the D, peformance and build quality have increased and been refined. However, with the Chronarch E...it went backwards. Chronarch E is basically the Curado E. Now then, how is the performance from a Chornarch D to a Curado E (Chronarch E), not be under performing? I have physically fished and owned both the Chronarch D and Curado E. Two different beasts.
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**