New Revos

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
jtakeman
Angler
Angler

Re: New Revos

Post by jtakeman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:45 am

igl00jx wrote:Anyone know if the Revo LT or any variant of it will be hitting our shores?
I emailed purefishing about the ALT-Elite and the LTX. There are no plans to market them in the USA. I didn't ask about the LT, You could send off an email.

There is a seller listing them on fleabay. Reasonable prices, But couldn't answer what the duty fee's might be so I passed.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:53 pm

antonv wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
antonv wrote:Do you guys think they fixed the kicklever issue in this series?
The issue was fixed after the first production run of Toros. If the Toro has the production run 18 00 stamped in the foot and on the schematics it has the bad kick ever. The 18 01 and 18 02 are revised with replacements. You can order the new lever and replace the old one as well.
Is this the same with the other Revos as well? I mean, if the suffix 01 or 02 are stamped on their foot does it mean that they already have the new kick lever?
I'm not sure. I've only heard of an issue with the kick lever in the Toros. I would assume if there was a similar issue in other reels that the issue was fixed in a later production run. If you can get schematics for the 00 series and compare it to the 01 or 02 series you will see a different part number for the kick levers, at least with the Toros.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

leolwt13
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by leolwt13 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:47 pm

Anyone noticed the 'typo' on the new premier or is it the stx? Both these models are listed as same 10HPCR+1CRRB. But the handle side print on the premier states 10 vs 11BB on the stx from the closeup pics on TW. Both shud state the same. I believe the photos are just prototype models and the production reels shud have this corrected.

These revos bring back gd memories of my 1st 'expensive' low pro the 1st gen stx. It cast really well over my first crappy $50 korean made Banax low pro. But the sloppy paint job n ease of getting boatrash on the stx soon pushed me up to zillions n more hazardous poison which i have grown to love n jdm has become a bare minimum. The korean made revos somehow lack the finishing n durability.

But this latest range is so much more beautiful n light (takeaway the flat eva knobs i hate them n shud replace them if aftermarket knobs are available). I think i cant resist giving the stx another shot as a reel i can use to thrash around when my jdms shud be kept at bay or hopefully to intoxicate my mrs to baitcasters.

Come on AG! I hope u guys dun disappoint with this range n give me a conclusive reason why i shud only get jdms in future. The made in sweden round bcs just set the standard those days. Id like to see this brand make an upward push to shake the giants like shim n daiwa.

Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Lucky1 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:32 am

Im not sure if anyone has the inside scoop on specs but I would like to know the handle size and whether or not the knobs can be changed on the new STX. I dislike the foam and hate the square knobs. Changing over to some Shimano knobs or something comfortable would be the balls!. Way excited for the new STX. I need about 10 right now! :D
Dobyns Rods

KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KlingerNOK » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:54 am

The new Revo look great and the specs are impressive but why can't they put longer power handles on them like the Winch and Skeet Reese Revos. That is my biggest problem with the Revos, is that short stroke handle on them. That's probably why my Curados feel more powerful than my Revos- handle length.

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:04 am

Lucky1 wrote:Im not sure if anyone has the inside scoop on specs but I would like to know the handle size and whether or not the knobs can be changed on the new STX. I dislike the foam and hate the square knobs. Changing over to some Shimano knobs or something comfortable would be the balls!
as best as i can tell from scrutinizing photos in my comparison at http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=42881, the new revos still employ their standard short 80mm handle length. i remember someone else on these boards trying to put the shimano septon knobs on a revo and they didn't fit as the post diameters are different. for an alternative, you can order lightweight carbon handles with their signature paddle knobs directly from lew's for $40 for the 85mm version and $50 for the 95mm version. these will fit.
KlingerNOK wrote:The new Revo look great and the specs are impressive but why can't they put longer power handles on them like the Winch and Skeet Reese Revos. That is my biggest problem with the Revos, is that short stroke handle on them. That's probably why my Curados feel more powerful than my Revos- handle length.
the curado handles are 84mm but i totally agree that just the extra 4mm makes a HUGE difference. you can order the skeet 95mm handle from abu-garcia for $17 plus shipping.

jtakeman
Angler
Angler

Post by jtakeman » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:30 pm

21farms wrote:
Lucky1 wrote:Im not sure if anyone has the inside scoop on specs but I would like to know the handle size and whether or not the knobs can be changed on the new STX. I dislike the foam and hate the square knobs. Changing over to some Shimano knobs or something comfortable would be the balls!
as best as i can tell from scrutinizing photos in my comparison at http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=42881, the new revos still employ their standard short 80mm handle length. i remember someone else on these boards trying to put the shimano septon knobs on a revo and they didn't fit as the post diameters are different. for an alternative, you can order lightweight carbon handles with their signature paddle knobs directly from lew's for $40 for the 85mm version and $50 for the 95mm version. these will fit.
KlingerNOK wrote:The new Revo look great and the specs are impressive but why can't they put longer power handles on them like the Winch and Skeet Reese Revos. That is my biggest problem with the Revos, is that short stroke handle on them. That's probably why my Curados feel more powerful than my Revos- handle length.
the curado handles are 84mm but i totally agree that just the extra 4mm makes a HUGE difference. you can order the skeet 95mm handle from abu-garcia for $17 plus shipping.
Info on where we can order the Lews handle would be great. I am personally hangin out for the new winch handle, But have a few friends that want the lews but can't find a place to order them.(sorry for the hi-jack!)

I have always wondered why Icast is in the midst of summer. Putting most of the new products on a late summer release dead line. Sure wish they would change it up to early spring so's we can get the new gear in early summer. Up north we only have a couple of months left by the time the new stuff is out. O'well thats life! :(

:crying: :crying: :crying:

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:52 pm

jtakeman wrote:Info on where we can order the Lews handle would be great. I am personally hangin out for the new winch handle, But have a few friends that want the lews but can't find a place to order them.
just email lew's service manager, rick collins, at rcollins at lews dot com or call him at 417-881-5397. if you buy three or more handles at the same time, you get a 25 percent discount.

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:11 am

What I like about the new Revo reels is the new G2 big over size gearing, can we say smooth cranking power from a very light weight reel.
Pimp My Rod & Reel Richard W. Schmitz

muskyhunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:34 am

I upgrade all my Revo's with these handles.

Love them.

Let's go fishing!!!

dcorp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dcorp » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:10 am

I've never seen a black abu handle like that, did you put that decal on there or is that factory?

dcorp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dcorp » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:16 am

I bought a power handle for my winch that I use for swim baits, then I put my Winch handle on one of my Sx's. works out nice, but when I use a SX or STX with a stock handle it feels REALLY small.

muskyhunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:38 am

Handles are from pure fishing Japan. I got them from Singapore or Malaysia online store.

The handle looks baddass with my Calfish premier. Will post pics later.
Let's go fishing!!!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:18 pm

RWSCHMITZ wrote:
Gulfcoastwader wrote:Looks like Abu is going to really put additional pressure on Shimano and Daiwa very soon.....

I don't own a single Abu, but I can easily see this new line up of reels (features, color schemes, price) putting more hurt on the Big 2 and digging a little deeper in the market share of the Big 2 than when the Revos dug into the Curado market few years back.

Daiwa seems resigned to this fact and has given up on mid-market and is focusing more on premium reels; they don't offer anything close performance wise / price wise to STX/SX Revos.

My 0.02.
I wonder what Daiwa will push the new Steez pricing to ?????
ABU is looking out for the avg Joe with some NICE REELS.
While I understand the overwhelming perception of, and the reality of pricing...I believe that if Shimano or Daiwa were to place their marque on an OEM like what Abu, BPS, Pfleuger and others are doing; pricing would likely be very competitive. Right now, that is not the path that the two Rising Sun Giants have chosen to follow.

IMO, no one manufacturer is "looking out" for anyone...each maker/brand has just specifically targeted a specific audience/clientel at specific price points with their own offerings, manufactured/designed/distributed per their parameters.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:28 am

dragon1 wrote:
RWSCHMITZ wrote:
Gulfcoastwader wrote:Looks like Abu is going to really put additional pressure on Shimano and Daiwa very soon.....

I don't own a single Abu, but I can easily see this new line up of reels (features, color schemes, price) putting more hurt on the Big 2 and digging a little deeper in the market share of the Big 2 than when the Revos dug into the Curado market few years back.

Daiwa seems resigned to this fact and has given up on mid-market and is focusing more on premium reels; they don't offer anything close performance wise / price wise to STX/SX Revos.

My 0.02.
I wonder what Daiwa will push the new Steez pricing to ?????
ABU is looking out for the avg Joe with some NICE REELS.
While I understand the overwhelming perception of, and the reality of pricing...I believe that if Shimano or Daiwa were to place their marque on an OEM like what Abu, BPS, Pfleuger and others are doing; pricing would likely be very competitive. Right now, that is not the path that the two Rising Sun Giants have chosen to follow.

IMO, no one manufacturer is "looking out" for anyone...each maker/brand has just specifically targeted a specific audience/clientel at specific price points with their own offerings, manufactured/designed/distributed per their parameters.
Total agreement ... one only look at the price of the metal Swedish IVCB Abus like the 1600 and 3600 ...