Shoutout to Abu Garcia Customer Service

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Shoutout to Abu Garcia Customer Service

Post by beezy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 pm

I would like to send this out to the folks at Abu Garcia. I had a revo premier that would not re-engage once I engage the reel after a cast. So, I sent out the reel to Abu Garcia. I was hoping that they would charge me as my reel has been used EXTENSIVELY. Well, I got my reel back today and it feels AWESOME. It's super smooth as when I first had it. The best thing was that I wasn't charged any service fees at all which is even better. So, if any of you guys who represent Abu Garcia, know that I'm a big fan of your reels. Just gives me piece of mind that a company would have an awesome customer service to support their products.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shoutout to Abu Garcia Customer Service

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:26 am

glad to hear it. unfortunately i had completely the opposite experience. maybe you should take a look at this:

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44716

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:54 am

ecu daniel 14 wrote:glad to hear it. unfortunately i had completely the opposite experience. maybe you should take a look at this:

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44716

and awa-a-a-y we go ... :whistle:

fishdog
Angler
Angler

Post by fishdog » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:11 am

That's funny stuff--one guy wants to start a thread giving kudos to a company due to customer service he received, and another guy wants to derail the thread and point to his own negative thread about the same company.

Jeez. Beezy had a good experience and wanted to give a shout out. No need to derail his thread because your experience was different.

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:19 am

just making it known dude...some random people might see this thread and think Abu is the god of all fishing companies. I am proving they are not. That is all. Sure they need kudos for treating him properly...but whats so wrong with pointing out how they treated me? nothing.

fishdog
Angler
Angler

Post by fishdog » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:26 am

ecu daniel 14 wrote:just making it known dude...some random people might see this thread and think Abu is the god of all fishing companies. I am proving they are not. That is all. Sure they need kudos for treating him properly...but whats so wrong with pointing out how they treated me? nothing.
Nothing at all wrong with you pointing out how they treated you. That's one of the reasons forums exists. And you did point it out convincingly in your own thread. It's just something I would not have derailed another person's thread over. But, to each his own. Good fishing.

LilJakeC
Angler
Angler

Post by LilJakeC » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 am

I too have had great luck with Abu Garcia's Customer Service. About 4 years ago the gears went out on my Gen1 Premier after fishing with it for only 4 months. I sent the reel in to them and in 3 days I had a brand new one at my doorstep free of charge.

Last year while at a club tourny on Lake Okoboji (about 5min from Pure Fishing HQ) I snapped a Vendetta in half when I was swinging in a 21" walleye (don't know why I even thought about swinging it in). I went into the Pure Fishing Factory Outlet with the broken rod in hand and told them what happened and that I didn't have my receipt since it was at home 3 hours away. They told me to pick out another rod. So I picked up a Veritas and told them I'd pay the difference. They told me to not even worry about paying the difference.

That is what I would call GREAT Customer Serivice!!

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:46 am

damn,

im gonna send you my broken rod and you can take care of it for me.

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:06 pm

LilJakeC wrote:I too have had great luck with Abu Garcia's Customer Service. About 4 years ago the gears went out on my Gen1 Premier after fishing with it for only 4 months. I sent the reel in to them and in 3 days I had a brand new one at my doorstep free of charge.

Last year while at a club tourny on Lake Okoboji (about 5min from Pure Fishing HQ) I snapped a Vendetta in half when I was swinging in a 21" walleye (don't know why I even thought about swinging it in). I went into the Pure Fishing Factory Outlet with the broken rod in hand and told them what happened and that I didn't have my receipt since it was at home 3 hours away. They told me to pick out another rod. So I picked up a Veritas and told them I'd pay the difference. They told me to not even worry about paying the difference.

That is what I would call GREAT Customer Serivice!!
They are a good company. It's good to know that someone else got a good experience. Anyways, this isn't a knock against ecu daniel 14 with your broken rod problem. I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience with Abu Garcia and I didn't have any intention of making Abu Garcia seem like the "GOD OF ALL FISHING COMPANIES" as that just sounds plain stupid. I wanted to give a shoutout to them because they treated their customers "RIGHT?" well at least they did to me and LilJakeC. I have owned different rods and reels most notably Daiwa, Shimano, and GLoomis and I have to say that their customer service is pretty good. If you really want to check out one of the BEST customer service out there, go pick up a Dobyns rod and you'll understand. I've called them and talked directly to Richard Dobyns, Gary Dobyns' son, and he helped point me in the right direction towards the right rod I need as well as warranty issues. Their customer service is TOP-NOTCHED and I believe many people agree with me.

However, I would like to apologize if I offended you ecu daniel 14 in any way as I don't mean to do so. This thread is my so-called "Thank you" to Abu Garcia for fixing a great reel of mine that has seen its share of fish catching moments. I never intended to make it seem more than it is. They helped me free of charge and I just wanted to thank them, that's all.

KCL655321
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KCL655321 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:52 pm

I had Abu fix a 6500CL3 that was over 8 years old that I took apart & couldn't get back together, told them that & they still fixed & shipped it back to me for free. I've had to pay to get my Inshore, which took a spill, & Morrum serviced when they were having issues, but that's to be expected on non-warranty items. They were really nice & helpful with me on the phone, e-mail, & when I took a reel in person to the service center.

Haven't had to deal with any rod issues, but I'd probably take it to them & see what they'd do, since I live about an hour & half away & it'd be cheaper to buy gas & drive than ship it in. Plus I'd have an excuse to stop in the outlet. :P

mainevent
Angler
Angler

Post by mainevent » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Last year I had a Gen 1 revo SX that was causing me problems. I sent it in to them without the receipt which I had lost and they sent me back are brand new Gen2 SX. =D>

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:53 pm

KCL655321 wrote:I had Abu fix a 6500CL3 that was over 8 years old that I took apart & couldn't get back together, told them that & they still fixed & shipped it back to me for free.
That strikes a chord. When I was 13, many, many, many years ago, I decided to take my Abu 5500C apart. I wasn't able to put it back together and sent a shoebox full of parts to their headquarters, accompanied with a pathetic note. They sent me back a reel, don't know if it was mine reassembled or a new one, no charges, repair or shipping.
That made me a customer almost for life, with a couple of Daiwas every once in a while.

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Rods and Reels are differently handled. Just like Shimano's Rod warranty is different from thier Reel. I have had bad experiences with Abu Garcia's Rod Warranty as well. I have never used thier reel service yet as I have always cleaned and fixed my own.