Stradic FJ handle bearing upgrade question.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Roadwork ahead
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Stradic FJ handle bearing upgrade question.

Post by Roadwork ahead » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:09 am

Recently purchased the new Stradic 3000 fj. Was considering upgrading the handle bearings. This will be used for power fishing (salmon, steelhead). Is it worth the additional cost?. Is there that much additional performance? See there is a High Quality CRBB Stainless Steel Ball Bearings on epay for 18.00 plus shipping. Also checked on Ceramic Orange Seal ABEC 7 Fishing Reel Bearings witch are about 30.00. Would like to increase the performance of the reel but not sure if it would be worth the cost. Thanks.

ah_long
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Stradic FJ handle bearing upgrade question.

Post by ah_long » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:56 am

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 pm

I wouldn't spend that on handle bearings because the gains are minimal but if I did I would get some boca 3s send nitroman a PM

Roadwork ahead
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Roadwork ahead » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 pm

ah_long, thanks but I already saw the tutorial. My question was is it worth the money to upgrade. Thanks fishingandfords, I will give him a pm. Thanks.