Kudos to shimano

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Kudos to shimano

Post by antoniolopez944 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:20 pm

I am not loyal to one brand of reels people always talk about how great shimano customer service is. I bought a core 101mg from tackle warehouse and when it arrived it was sealed but the oil was missing I called shimano and they said that sometimes they forget to put the oil in the box. He asked for my address and sent the oil free of charge now that's customer service. Might join the shimano bandwagon but first I have to get a zillion type R :lol:

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Kudos to shimano

Post by John Puckett » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Shimano has always taken care of me when I've had a problem. GLoomis on the other hand....

This is a big part of my reasoning to continue to support their brand. That and I truly do enjoy fishing their gear.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:46 pm

antoniolopez944 wrote:I am not loyal to one brand of reels people always talk about how great shimano customer service is. I bought a core 101mg from tackle warehouse and when it arrived it was sealed but the oil was missing I called shimano and they said that sometimes they forget to put the oil in the box. He asked for my address and sent the oil free of charge now that's customer service. Might join the shimano bandwagon but first I have to get a zillion type R :lol:
I got a 50mg7 and no oil as well. No big deal though use another brand as is.

I just placed an order for knobs, washers($2) and side plate and she gave me the washers free. =D>

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:29 pm

John Puckett wrote:Shimano has always taken care of me when I've had a problem. GLoomis on the other hand.....

Very very true. They are owned by the same, but operate COMPLETELY differently.