Where are the PFLUEGERS???????

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
billheng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Where are the PFLUEGERS???????

Post by billheng » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:37 am

21farms wrote:i just got the patriarch 9530X...used it on three trips this week...love it
damn this looks good

fisherman012
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fisherman012 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:34 am

I like the spinning reels a whole lot! The presidents are nice, just a lil heavy. I got the arbor which I like even more. The shallower, wider spool helps with line twist and what not plus it is lighter. The drags for the spinning reels are great to me!

MaxZmus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MaxZmus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:42 pm

fisherman012 wrote:I like the spinning reels a whole lot! The presidents are nice, just a lil heavy. I got the arbor which I like even more. The shallower, wider spool helps with line twist and what not plus it is lighter. The drags for the spinning reels are great to me!
I agree that Pfleuger reels have the smoothest drags. From there basic trion GX series to the Patriarch spinning. It's hard to describe but Pfleugers drags let out line perfectly with just the right amount of tension from the fish pulling. I have two Stellas and I don't think the drags on those are as smooth. Shimanos drags tend to need more pressure before the spool begins to let out line, it's that little imperfection that causes people to loose fish at the boat during surging runs. I always have to loosen the drag at the boat or shore with Shimano spinning reels to prevent line breakage but I don't worry with Pfleugers drags. I've said it over and over about their line lay and I'll say it again, they need to perfect it to reduce line twist and to make the line lay evenly and perfectly. They got close with the Patriarchs but not quite as good as Shimano or Daiwa yet.

Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Mcyl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:15 pm

I don't know about the patriarch BCs but the patriarch XT spin reels and XTR spin rods are excellent.
Fished it constantly in salt for over a year and still going strong. Not as smooth in cranking as shimano's but excellent drag, bail, ergonomics. Plus for the equivalent size the are lighter than, Steez, exists and maybe even vanquish. Top reel for a mid ranges price.

Tennanah
Angler
Angler

Post by Tennanah » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:19 am

My first Pflueger, purchased three years ago, was the President XT, which I purchased as an open-box special on Amazon for about $40. My next was the Supreme XT, which I purchased on sale and after a rebate from Cabelas, for about $80. My last Pflueger, purchased just recently was another Supreme XT which I paid $125 on Ebay. As I purchased a Fenwick rod for it, I will receive a $25 rebate. The most recent is a 30-size reel, and is a nice light size.

kckid3
Angler
Angler

Post by kckid3 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Love my Pflueger Patriarch spinning reel. Wish I would have never sold my Patriarch XT

finebar4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by finebar4 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:44 am

Patriarch owner and lover here. Got a 9535 on my pike pole and plans to pick up the 30 and 25 for my lighter rods. I also own a Revo Premier and like the looks and the feel of the Patriarch better. I have a 1963 Rocket around here somewhere too that I inherited along the way. Looks and feels like it is brand new. I wanted to try something different from the current Daiwa and Shimano line up. The 30 will be replacing a Sustain and the 25 will be replacing a Fuego.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Their drags and bails are without equal.

Seph
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Seph » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Where are the Pfluegers?!? Go check out any thread on Abu Garcia reels...
They are owned by the same company

And that company, PureFishing, is owned by Jarden --- which happens to own Mr.Coffee.

Something to think about the next time you hit the water:

:laugh1: :lol: :laugh1: :lol: :laugh1:

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:15 pm

That is one perky-looking combo!

grantman83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by grantman83 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:48 am

Man that color scheme is a perfect match...I am really hoping to get one of those soon..

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:50 am

Seph wrote:Where are the Pfluegers?!? Go check out any thread on Abu Garcia reels...
They are owned by the same company
And that company, PureFishing, is owned by Jarden --- which happens to own Mr.Coffee.
*phew!* thank goodness...for a minute there, i thought you were going to bring up the fact that quantum is owned by zebco

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 pm

I still fish several Pflueger Summit baitcasters. They are great reels, light, easy to adjust, full of bearings, never mess up, and were a bargain when they were available.
I'd gladly buy several more if I could find them.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:06 am

keep'em coming

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cumara » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:26 am

I'm a big fan of the Pflueger Supreme XT's and Patriarchs. Here's my 9530 on CUS68MHA, 20 lb Sunline SX1.
9530.jpg
9530.jpg (78.31 KiB) Viewed 4801 times