Lew's B/C Reel Paddle Grips And Reel Grips...I Did It!

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Ghost
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Death Valley, CA 90210-->Now via Indiana

Lew's B/C Reel Paddle Grips And Reel Grips...I Did It!

Post by Ghost » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:30 am

I got the Lew's Tournament Speed Spool (TS1HL) in today. And I posted a few weeks ago if the paddle handles can have Reel Grips installed...and the answer is YES!

It wasn't easy, I had to use a pair of needle nose pliers to stretch the Reel Grips onto the paddle grips and slowly work the pliers off. I first had to take off the paddle grips from the shaft. A little bit of determination and patience and I have the Reel Grips installed.

I so much prefer the feel of the Reel Grips on the paddle grips of the Lew's reel, it doesn't feel so "thin" on my fingers and adds that little bit of grip.

Here's something I discovered when I took off the paddle grips...there is grip bearing in each of the shaft...now that was a nice surprise and now I understand why when I first did the initial cranking without the Reel Grips why it felt smooth on that area.

fishinglogic
Angler
Angler

Re: Lew's B/C Reel Paddle Grips And Reel Grips...I Did It!

Post by fishinglogic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Excellent job! I happen to have been thinking about it. Now i know it can be done.

CaptBob
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CaptBob » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:39 am

I personally love the Lew's padle grip's, but have a friend who has them on all 3 of his Lew's reels, He used liquid waterless hand Cleaner (Fast Orange) lightly to slip them on, said it was a breeze, and once on they stay put.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Sun May 12, 2013 11:06 am

Put one on mine, fit well enough and I forgot about it... pulled it off later and it left grooved impressions in the paddle :(. So be sure you like it, if not pull it off pretty quick.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu May 16, 2013 12:48 am

I put some on my Lew's Super Duty, very nice. They were easier to put on than on my Okuma reels