Abu Revo Gen 3

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.

Which Abu Revo Gen 3 Reel do you want to read about next?

Abu Revo SX Casting
11%
Abu Revo STX Casting
35%
Abu Revo MGXtreme
40%
Abu Revo Winch
9%
Abu Revo S Spinning
1%
Abu Revo SX Spinning
5%

Total votes: 205

MRQturbo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Abu Revo Gen 3

Post by MRQturbo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:35 am

Kyrax wrote:Just for information, after i bought the stx i had a problem with the thumbar, sometime during fishing, spool was not properly engaged and i missed some fishs...
I checked by unmounting the reel but i found nothing, all parts was properly greased. In fact, the thum bar needed to be pushed hard otherwhise the spool was not engaged. To resolve that, i pushed the thumbar a lot of times and the problem disappeared. It seem a part (clutchplate maybe...) who need a "running-in"

Some friends encountered exactly the same problem , it seem affect all gen 3 revo

i have the same problem with my 3rd gen sx also.....some days it will work w/o any issues..then it'll get stuck and i'm down one setup for the day,....i don't think i'll ever buy another abu b/c of this thumb bar issue...

cure-hb
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by cure-hb » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:21 pm

stx is a good price worth reel

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:28 am

Why is this still a sticky :lol: