TATULA TYPE R

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Speckled
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Post by Speckled » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:01 am

:-k

Curious about the TWS thing on these reels and how it works compaired to T3 reels :?:

Anyone know 8-[ :lol: .

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:26 am

The plastic drag star on the Tatula automatically takes that one out of consideration for me, the type R on the other hand..........
E73Bass wrote:hope that it is offered in a 6.3.
X2.

got2be5
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by got2be5 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:34 am

Just talked o a guy who demoed both reels this wknd,at an sporting event.He said Ish Monroe was there along with the Daiwa reps.Price $149.00 reg.$199.00 Type R.Just what was told to me.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:26 am

Ya don't say

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Native » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:47 am

got2be5 wrote:Just talked o a guy who demoed both reels this wknd,at an sporting event.He said Ish Monroe was there along with the Daiwa reps.Price $149.00 reg.$199.00 Type R.Just what was told to me.
Hmmmm .... a $200 Type R. This I have to see! :D

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 am

Native wrote:
got2be5 wrote:Just talked o a guy who demoed both reels this wknd,at an sporting event.He said Ish Monroe was there along with the Daiwa reps.Price $149.00 reg.$199.00 Type R.Just what was told to me.
It's also a Type R with no carbon handle, no cork knobs, and likely no rcs spool. I'll wait for non-staff reviews and hope for the best, but thus far I'm left wanting more.

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Native » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:56 am

tywithay wrote:
Native wrote:
It's also a Type R with no carbon handle, no cork knobs, and likely no rcs spool. I'll wait for non-staff reviews and hope for the best, but thus far I'm left wanting more.
Yikes, thanks alot for the clarification, and yes I agree "Where's the Beef!!!!" :crying:

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Native wrote:
tywithay wrote:
Native wrote:
Yikes, thanks alot for the clarification, and yes I agree "Where's the Beef!!!!" :crying:
Gentlemen,it's all about the price $200
Add the rest and you have a $350 reel.Daiwa will sell plenty at the $200 mark.
There are plenty RCS parts to keep us happy if we so do wish :D

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Native wrote:
tywithay wrote:
Native wrote:
Other than the carbon handle ( and we know for sure this type R is absent of that--???) sounds like about the same upgrades as was done to the Zillion Type R for much less of a price difference. Also like the Zillion---this may be intro pricing with price increases to come later down the road. Remember the Zillion was at $249 when it first came out.

bassinmaumee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassinmaumee » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:48 am

Well if the ones I buy turn out great ill pick a bunch up b4 they jack up the prices. Maybe ill add some bocas to a couple.

kckid3
Angler
Angler

Post by kckid3 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:59 pm

$200.00 Type R, I see a lot of these reels in my future.

tt350z
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tt350z » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:43 pm

I like the $200 price point. I've never once said "geez, my hands are so tired of reeling, I wish my reel had carbon handles with cork knobs along with the extra $100 price tag."

I'd rather have the lower initial price, that way I can upgrade the handles/knobs later if I choose to do so.

bassinmaumee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassinmaumee » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:04 am

tt350z wrote:I like the $200 price point. I've never once said "geez, my hands are so tired of reeling, I wish my reel had carbon handles with cork knobs along with the extra $100 price tag."

I'd rather have the lower initial price, that way I can upgrade the handles/knobs later if I choose to do so.
This, it kinda sounds like people are made that a 200$ reel doesnt have 300=350$ features. All I care about is does it retrieve smooth and cast easily. If I want to upgrade down the road then so be it.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:21 am

bassinmaumee wrote:
tt350z wrote:I like the $200 price point. I've never once said "geez, my hands are so tired of reeling, I wish my reel had carbon handles with cork knobs along with the extra $100 price tag."

This, it kinda sounds like people are made that a 200$ reel doesnt have 300=350$ features. All I care about is does it retrieve smooth and cast easily. If I want to upgrade down the road then so be it.
I agree in principal. I also think that Type R has come to mean certain things (at least in newer reels) and I think Daiwa made a mistake if they got away from that.

As far as I can tell every recent Type R reel has had the following upgrades:

Better Spool
Lighter Weight
Different Color (black and red)
Higher Gear Ratio than otherwise available
Carbon Handle
Upgraded Knobs
Upgraded Bearings

It appears this Type R has all of that but the handle and knob upgrades. Not how I would have done it...but they didn't ask me.

I'll probably buy one either way and then put a Semper Fi carbon swept handle on it.

DaveJ

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:55 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
bassinmaumee wrote:

I agree in principal. I also think that Type R has come to mean certain things (at least in newer reels) and I think Daiwa made a mistake if they got away from that.

As far as I can tell every recent Type R reel has had the following upgrades:

Better Spool
Lighter Weight
Different Color (black and red)
Higher Gear Ratio than otherwise available
Carbon Handle
Upgraded Knobs
Upgraded Bearings

It appears this Type R has all of that but the handle and knob upgrades. Not how I would have done it...but they didn't ask me.

I'll probably buy one either way and then put a Semper Fi carbon swept handle on it.

DaveJ
It sorta does have an upgraded handle when compared to previous 200 Daiwa offerings, granted it's not carbon fiber. It hopefully comes with 4 bearings. The knobs could also be considered an upgrade considering they are a new style, and hopefully they can be removed. I'm sure some will dig them, some will not. I wouldn't be surprised if the standard version has standard Magforce braking and the Type R gets Magforce Z. We shall find out tomorrow! All other type R reels run twice the price, so this is also a 1st. A value priced type R does seem kinda odd.