Auto Graphed Reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
GotJDM
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Auto Graphed Reels

Post by GotJDM » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:56 am

I have two autographed reels signed my Aaron Martens and Takahiro Omori.. They were personally signed the other day while they we're fishing in Wisconsin for the Mississippi River Rumble elite series.. The reels that got signed were a Metanium DC Mg (a reel used by Martens himself), and a Daiwa Alphas 103 (JDM).. To clarify somethings up it was the box and reel covers that were signed... Im just curious to know if you guys believe that having these reels being autographed brings up the value to the reels? Both of the reels are in excellent cosmetic and mechanical shape... What do you folks think? :-k

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Auto Graphed Reels

Post by dragon1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:40 am

GotJDM wrote:I have two autographed reels signed my Aaron Martens and Takahiro Omori.. They were personally signed the other day while they we're fishing in Wisconsin for the Mississippi River Rumble elite series.. The reels that got signed were a Metanium DC Mg (a reel used by Martens himself), and a Daiwa Alphas 103 (JDM).. To clarify somethings up it was the box and reel covers that were signed... Im just curious to know if you guys believe that having these reels being autographed brings up the value to the reels? Both of the reels are in excellent cosmetic and mechanical shape... What do you folks think? :-k
Value is always going to be based upon public demand...whether appreciation occurs, who knows? Met DCs and the Alphas 103 are not ltd edtns, plus the Met DC is used. Could be in a few decades you could see a real collectible value on both, or it may end up being like any other reel/box, etc., with only slightly more value to it.

I say it would all be worth much more if both retire with substantial resumes, and both win the NASCAR cup and a Super Bowl. :P

Good luck.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:47 am

They will be value to you will be more than anybody else.
Last edited by cndbasshunter on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Great score :D
In my dreams.....
ImageImage

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:28 am

I say unlikey. just glad you didnt get the reels signed :doh:

GotJDM
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GotJDM » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:20 am

Interesting feed back from all of you! Imo I would think that it would bump the value a little bit more... Of course as time progresses...

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:26 am

africanbass wrote:Great score :D
In my dreams.....
ImageImage
I bet that signature adds some value for sure!

tosakilla
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tosakilla » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:23 pm

GotJDM wrote:Interesting feed back from all of you! Imo I would think that it would bump the value a little bit more... Of course as time progresses...
As time progresses they will sign more and more autographs....
Not to be a downer but like most professional anglers they are very easy to talk to because they are constantly selling themselves and the companies that they represent. I was at the elite event myself and a quick question for Aaron turned into a 30min convo about just random stuff not even having to do with fishing. Its going to have more sentimental value to you and even more to any little kid you know that loves fishing in the long run, so just enjoy it and share it with those that can appreciate it!!!