T3 Users Club Feedback

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

T3 Users Club Feedback

Post by africanbass » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:31 am

The T3 is definitely one of the most polarizing reels of late.It would be interesting to get feedback from those that currently OWN or have owned a T3.What do you like/dislike about the T3 platform?
Please only post if you have had 'real life' experience with a T3.Feel free to post photos.

Currently own an original JDM and a T3 MX,
Pros:Casting distance/great stock spool/extreme casting control/3D magforce flexibility/reel hood engagement function.
Cons:Initial high cost of original JDM models/Ballistics unimpressive lack of features.

The T3 MX still is the best bet at around $250,well appointed and feature rich.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: T3 Users Club Feedback

Post by cndbasshunter » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:51 am

Good casting reel, wouldn't use it for anything heavy duty. Looking forward to getting a Tatula R for frogging and swim jig.

bh54lf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bh54lf » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:58 am

one of the more underrated reels out there...it casts/skips incredibly, the breaking system is awesome, palms great...feels a little cheap though, almost like a cheap plastic shell...I don't think the non-ballistic is worth the asking price but im glad I bought it.

that being said I cannot wait for the tatula....planning on replacing my Revos with them

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:52 am

I've been using mine for about half a year. T3 upgrade model (as opposed Ballistic).
Overall, I like it. I use it for pitchin'/flippin'. I was immediately impressed with the flip up hood and T wing aspects, it works beyond expectations. I've ordered the SV model in the 8.1 retrieve.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:08 am

Johnny A wrote:I've been using mine for about half a year. T3 upgrade model (as opposed Ballistic).
Overall, I like it. I use it for pitchin'/flippin'. I was immediately impressed with the flip up hood and T wing aspects, it works beyond expectations. I've ordered the SV model in the 8.1 retrieve.
The T3 SV only comes in 6.3:1 ratio based on my inquiries.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:13 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
Johnny A wrote:I've been using mine for about half a year. T3 upgrade model (as opposed Ballistic).
Japantackle.com has the 8.1 in stock. Believe plat does as well

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:23 am

tywithay wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:

as does Japanprofishing

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:45 am

Johnny A wrote:
tywithay wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:

as does Japanprofishing
Awesome..

bassinmaumee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassinmaumee » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:32 pm

I have a t3b that I like a whole lot. Not a lot of feagures but does everything I need it to.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:10 am

I have fished both the Ballistic and 1016, with a good bit of time on the 1016. The Ballistic is decent, but the T3 1016 is a very impressive reel in terms of performance. I very much dislike the hood mechanism and the feel of the Zaion frame however. I have no doubt that the performance of the T3 1016 is up there with many of Daiwas finest however...

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:39 am

I have a T3 1016 and a T3B XS. Both reels have been upgraded to 11 bearings which for the Ballistic made a big difference.
I really have nothing bad to say about these reels, I have had issues with passing a leader through the T-Wing but that could just be me and I could just use a shorter leader. I wish all my reels had 3D magforce and could cast like a T3, its hard to explain how the T3 casts until you actually cast it. It casts like no other reel I've ever used.
I would have to agree with Africanbass' pros and cons.

I regret selling one of the two T3 1016's I orginally had but that did get me an Alphas + $$ which I also love!

BRbasser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BRbasser » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:14 am

I have a T3 1016 and a T3 SV. I do a lot of worm and senko fishing and I find that the best thing about this reel you can engage the reel without taking any line in. After I throw my worm I close the hood and wait for the worm to sink without turning the handle and taking line up. Most of my hit after throwing the worm are on the fall so I find myself using the T3 for most of the senko fishing.

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:03 am

BRbasser wrote:I have a T3 1016 and a T3 SV. I do a lot of worm and senko fishing and I find that the best thing about this reel you can engage the reel without taking any line in. After I throw my worm I close the hood and wait for the worm to sink without turning the handle and taking line up. Most of my hit after throwing the worm are on the fall so I find myself using the T3 for most of the senko fishing.

not to get off topic but, that was the appeal (for me) on the original Castaic.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:35 am

Love my MX! Hard to put into words when a reels just has it in terms of casting pleasure, but it's got it! Has a tasty balance of sweet casting, distance and precision. I think the 6.3:1 only adds to its utility. Love this reel! Sits well on my 7' Zillion MXF.
:)

spencerinstl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spencerinstl » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:52 am

The casting performance on the T3 is awesome. Not too impressed with the zion. Would rather have aluminum or mg. Definitely don't like the screws holding the reel together.