Someone do an Official CI4 REVIEW!

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Someone do an Official CI4 REVIEW!

Post by goldrod » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 am

I am waiting on someone to get their preorder in and do an official reiview. As much as I like the looks of it I am awaiting the review before I consider purchasing it. I am most intrigued by the braking system.

HAS anyone gotten their reel in yet to do a review?
Last edited by goldrod on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Official CI4 REVIEW!

Post by BucketHunter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:42 am

troll...
I hate these misleading titles :evil:

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:25 am

and it isn't the first time
http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... 95#p389195
crave attention much?

nitromane
Angler
Angler

Post by nitromane » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:56 am

Well this is a big letdown

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:48 am

I know they're out there.

americanlegacy fishing had some in stock as did the hook up. Unfortunately when I stopped by their outlet store they had all sold.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Someone do Official CI4 REVIEW!

Post by goldrod » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:41 am

I am just looking for some actual intel on the reel. Not hype. I see alot of places taking preorders so , some one has to get theirs in.

Bryanp292
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Someone do an Official CI4 REVIEW!

Post by Bryanp292 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:58 am

Tackle Warehouse shows August 21st, Dan (aka Bantam 1) has said dealers should get them sometime in August. Last time I looked, we're still in July. I bet a lot of folks will have theirs by the Labor Day weekend. By then, plenty of people (including me) will post their thoughts on the reel.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:06 am

So the word of 01 August 2013 is not true or is that a rumor?
that was word of mouth not no one related to the company that I know of.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:18 am

goldrod wrote:So the word of 01 August 2013 is not true or is that a rumor?
Some of the bigger Shimano dealers will have a handful leaking out, but actually shipments won't be until mid-to-late August, from what I have heard.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 am

tywithay wrote:
goldrod wrote:So the word of 01 August 2013 is not true or is that a rumor?
Some of the bigger Shimano dealers will have a handful leaking out, but actually shipments won't be until mid-to-late August, from what I have heard.
Thats how the hookup said they got theirs. Same with ALF

Jkitchens
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jkitchens » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:30 pm

I got to play with one the other day at southwestern parts in Dallas and I liked it. They only got five in and it was the slower gear model. It felt like butter and it palmed really well for me. I haven't owned a shimano in years but it looks like I'll be adding one soon! I use and like the Steez / Alphas / Pixy platforms and It palmed as well as those if not better. I'd like to hear more from someone who has actually had it on the water too...

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:03 pm

I also had a chance to check out this reel in person at my local tackleshop. They barely got it in 2 days before I got there. Anyways, I mounted the reel on two rods: shimano cumara A 6'8" medium, fast action and a phenix recon m1 7'2. To be honest, both my brother and I did not like this reel at all. We were so amped up and I was going to pre-order two of them: one right hand and a left handed version for my brother. However, knowing that shimano delayed shipment of left-handed reels, we decided to hold off and what a good idea.

The reel feels very big compared to the chronarch 200E. I guess it's because the reel is longer but I was not amazed at this reel at all. After handling it, my brother got VERY disappointed. So I did the next best thing for him and we overlooked the chronarch CI4+ reel and I bought him a Daiwa Pixy PXL-R from one of the forums and he couldn't have been happier. I, myself, was very disappointed in the reel. Just didn't palm as nice as I wanted to. I'll just stick to my chronarch D for now.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:08 pm

beezy wrote:I also had a chance to check out this reel in person at my local tackleshop. They barely got it in 2 days before I got there. Anyways, I mounted the reel on two rods: shimano cumara A 6'8" medium, fast action and a phenix recon m1 7'2. To be honest, both my brother and I did not like this reel at all. We were so amped up and I was going to pre-order two of them: one right hand and a left handed version for my brother. However, knowing that shimano delayed shipment of left-handed reels, we decided to hold off and what a good idea.

The reel feels very big compared to the chronarch 200E. I guess it's because the reel is longer but I was not amazed at this reel at all. After handling it, my brother got VERY disappointed. So I did the next best thing for him and we overlooked the chronarch CI4+ reel and I bought him a Daiwa Pixy PXL-R from one of the forums and he couldn't have been happier. I, myself, was very disappointed in the reel. Just didn't palm as nice as I wanted to. I'll just stick to my chronarch D for now.
So all this major disappointment because the reel was bigger than a 200E? I'm confused. I can't imagine it is that much bigger, if any compared to a 200E. Maybe a hair longer and a hair taller? As wide?

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:42 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
beezy wrote:I also had a chance to check out this reel in person at my local tackleshop. They barely got it in 2 days before I got there. Anyways, I mounted the reel on two rods: shimano cumara A 6'8" medium, fast action and a phenix recon m1 7'2. To be honest, both my brother and I did not like this reel at all. We were so amped up and I was going to pre-order two of them: one right hand and a left handed version for my brother. However, knowing that shimano delayed shipment of left-handed reels, we decided to hold off and what a good idea.

So all this major disappointment because the reel was bigger than a 200E? I'm confused. I can't imagine it is that much bigger, if any compared to a 200E. Maybe a hair longer and a hair taller? As wide?
its going to be wider due to the Xship but Iove the feel on my mentaniums and they feel very close to my 200e7 so I'm not sure

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:52 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:

It's quite noticeably longer than the shimano 200E reels. Plus, it just didn't feel as refined as I would like. And mounting it onto the rods, it didn't palm as nice as I would like. It doesn't sit as high as the shimano calais but it's still noticeable.