What if.. new ci4+ series?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

What if.. new ci4+ series?

Post by Afrayedknot » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:47 am

What if shimano replaced the current g series reels with a new series called the ci4+ series. From what ive heard, the ci4+ is less expensive to use in reels compared to aluminum or whatever it is in the e and g series? If this is true, then a ci4+ series would be great for us fans.
What are your thoughts on this??

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What if.. new ci4+ series?

Post by dragon1 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:53 am

My thoughts on all of these new carbon/plastic materials is that some will be good, while some not in the overall end product. I believe these materials and applications of these materials and others soon to come will get better.

This said, I just went backwards once more and added an 11.5oz Morrum M5600C to my arsenal for my med swimbait stick. Also got rid of two PX Type Rs and a Zillion HLC (all excellent to mint condition) for two more all metal round reels.

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrpao » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:59 am

I guess I've gone backwards too.
Ive recently bought two Calcutta 50b's, JDM Calcutta 50, a TE50GT and a Conquest 50 to my lineup.
Mainly because they are now discontinued.

Nothing against the CI4 reels. Just waiting to see the reviews and what else may come out.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:55 am

crankenstein1 wrote:What if shimano replaced the current g series reels with a new series called the ci4+ series. From what ive heard, the ci4+ is less expensive to use in reels compared to aluminum or whatever it is in the e and g series? If this is true, then a ci4+ series would be great for us fans.
Im gonna say they need to keep that plastic to parts that don't take on a lot of stress. As long as they keep producing that crap I will be holding on to my E series. Some might be able to get away with it for light line applications, but not me. The side plates can be plastic, even the crank side, but lets get real, not the frame, especially in a baitcaster. This is why I bought a Lews Super Duty instead. 20 years of fishing Shimano, and they finally have let me down in the US market.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:06 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
crankenstein1 wrote:What if shimano replaced the current g series reels with a new series called the ci4+ series. From what ive heard, the ci4+ is less expensive to use in reels compared to aluminum or whatever it is in the e and g series? If this is true, then a ci4+ series would be great for us fans.
Im gonna say they need to keep that plastic to parts that don't take on a lot of stress. As long as they keep producing that crap I will be holding on to my E series. Some might be able to get away with it for light line applications, but not me. The side plates can be plastic, even the crank side, but lets get real, not the frame, especially in a baitcaster. This is why I bought a Lews Super Duty instead. 20 years of fishing Shimano, and they finally have let me down in the US market.
After your extensive time on water with the new chronarch, you found it wouldn't work for you?

bassninja
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassninja » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:43 am

^^ :D