Daiwa t3 ballistic vs Daiwa Tatula type r

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.

T3 ballistic or tatula type r?

t3 ballistic
38%
tatula type r
62%

Total votes: 21

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Daiwa t3 ballistic vs Daiwa Tatula type r

Post by Afrayedknot » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:32 pm

Is it worth the extra $50 to get the magforce 3d that the t3 ballistic has?

Also, I am not in any hurry to buy, so don't vote for t3 just because the tatula isn't out yet. \:D/

Thanks

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa t3 ballistic vs Daiwa Tatula type r

Post by Finnz922 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 am

I have the Ballistic and I like it. I now use it for flipping and punching. I added a bearing to the levelwind and added a four bearing Steez handle to it because the stock has riveted knobs which is a huge negative for this day and age. With the Tatula you get no hood plus the ability to add 2 bearings to the levelwind and 1 bearing to each knob. While the Mag3D is bad ass and the ability to upgrade the spool, I would still buy the Tatula Type R, but that is just me.

TackleTour did an excellent write up on the Tatula vs the Ballistic in the Tatula review. Here's the link if you haven't already looked at it.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdaiwatatula.html

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:46 am

I am pretty much deadset on getting a daiwa for my next reel. I will be using it for crankbaits so i need long casts. I am not sure whether the t3 is worth the extra 50 dollars for the magforce 3d.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:06 am

Finnz922 wrote:I have the Ballistic and I like it. While the Mag3D is bad ass I would still buy the Tatula Type R, but that is just me.

TackleTour did an excellent write up on the Tatula vs the Ballistic in the Tatula review. Here's the link if you haven't already looked at it.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdaiwatatula.html
crankenstein1 wrote:I am pretty much deadset on getting a daiwa for my next reel. I will be using it for crankbaits so i need long casts. I am not sure whether the t3 is worth the extra 50 dollars for the magforce 3d.
I don't think the Mag3D on the Ballistic is worth $250.

daiwa_fan_91
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by daiwa_fan_91 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:52 am

crankenstein1 wrote:Is it worth the extra $50 to get the magforce 3d that the t3 ballistic has?

Also, I am not in any hurry to buy, so don't vote for t3 just because the tatula isn't out yet. \:D/

Thanks
At 250$ DON'T get the ballistic IMO, you can find tons of brand new T3 ballistics online for 170$ free shipping. If you pay 250$ on a T3 buy a T3 MX for 247$ at http://www.japantackle.com/Daiwa/Daiwa_T3_MX.htm or another japan site like http://jpangler.com/index.php/reel/daiw ... t3-mx.html this is where I bought my T3 MX.

I was in the same situation as you was few weeks ago, I really wanted the tatula but I didn't want to wait for it to be released. So I bought the T3 MX and I am happy that I did because the magforce3D is IMO very worth it and that isn't the only thing that makes the two reels different....there are supposedly better internals on the T3's over the tatula....what ever reel you get you will be happy with but my vote goes to the T3.

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:44 pm

I was wondering, how can anyone say one reel is better than another when one of them is not out yet? :-k

I'm sure Daiwa will sell a ton of Tatulas but I' guess that here at TT there will be lots of disappointed members.

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:37 am

Carlos Carrapiço wrote:I was wondering, how can anyone say one reel is better than another when one of them is not out yet? :-k

I'm sure Daiwa will sell a ton of Tatulas but I' guess that here at TT there will be lots of disappointed members.
X2

tt350z
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tt350z » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:27 pm

jwfflipper14 wrote:
Carlos Carrapiço wrote:I was wondering, how can anyone say one reel is better than another when one of them is not out yet? :-k

X2
Here's a member that already has a Tatula
http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=52310

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:45 pm

tt350z wrote:
jwfflipper14 wrote:

X2
Here's a member that already has a Tatula
http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=52310
Well, one member doesn't add much statistics does it?

Lets wait a little bit more and see the reactions :-k

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:35 pm

A few retailesr have VERY limited stock of the Tatula 100H so a very few number of retail customers have them. Some select staff members have a few or have demo'd them. They are out there just in limited amounts for now. As September progresses you will see more and more and then by October they will be easier to get but the folks that preorder will have the best shot.