Anatares & Metanium (USA)

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mikeysam
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Anatares & Metanium (USA)

Post by mikeysam » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:02 pm

dragon1 wrote:Hmmm...looks like a USDM NEW Antares is calling my name this Holiday Sale Season. Hope the discounts will apply! 8-)
You will be very pleased. The Antares is truly a step above the older Calais and Calais dc. Better casting, better retrieve and better ergonomics. It is the definitive state of the art.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:35 am

Great to hear that...I have owned several Calais and Antares and if this reel is "better", I am really looking forward to owning one.

Looking at the low gear ratio to partner up as a "Power Trio" with my Z2020H and Morrum M5600C.

2012 Antares low gear + custom Hydra ML swimbait blank

Z2020H + custom Seeker CBC807F

M5600C + custom Seeker CSW 808

Should cover all of my power moving techs from 1/2oz lipless to 1.25oz spinnerbaits to 4oz swimbaits 8-) 8-) 8-)

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:48 pm

mikeysam wrote:
dragon1 wrote:Hmmm...looks like a USDM NEW Antares is calling my name this Holiday Sale Season. Hope the discounts will apply! 8-)
You will be very pleased. The Antares is truly a step above the older Calais and Calais dc. Better casting, better retrieve and better ergonomics. It is the definitive state of the art.
I would say the casting is on par with the calais dc ,ergonomics are the same as the dc,the retrieve is where is stands above the rest.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 am

Kool...that is exceptional company indeed.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:44 am

Cracker wrote:Look's like Shimano USA doesn't check currency exchange rates anymore.
You can find Antares in low 400'sUSD, 40500-41500 yen in Japanese stores, same thing for Metanium.
EMS Japan delivery is really fast, got my recent orders in 3 days on average.

These stores are selling the reels below Japans MSRP and they do not have to pay excise tax like we do. The prices we are selling at are correct. Unfortunately we have no control over excise tax. It has to be paid or the dudes with black tactical gear will storm the building and shut us down until it has been paid. A receipt is still required for warranty repair and we are not honoring receipts from online only retailers or overseas transactions.